Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone else have a bedwetter

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:30 PM
  • 25 Replies

DD is 8 and has woken up dry twice in the last week - that's a new record for us.  Anyone else have any advice/encouragement?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eb415
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Get an alarm. They attach to their undies and go off when they start to pee. Got one for my 6 year old did. She only had to wear it a couple weeks.
eb415
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Tried it - it woke up everyone except her, so we gave it up after a couple weeks.

Quoting Anonymous:

Get an alarm. They attach to their undies and go off when they start to pee. Got one for my 6 year old did. She only had to wear it a couple weeks.
eb415
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:34 PM

BUMP!

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:36 PM
We have the same issue with our DD. We had to get her to stop drinking after 6pm and make her go pee numerous times before bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eb415
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Quoting bowribbonmama:

We have the same issue with our DD. We had to get her to stop drinking after 6pm and make her go pee numerous times before bed.

We do that too.  It helps - sometimes.  Did it work for your DD?

CrossStitchMum
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Get her tested for  an intolerance to yeast. My sister did, apparently the overload of yeast irriates the urethra, causing the bladder to let go, and they wet, once she got yeast out of her diet she was fine :)

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Most of the time it does. She is down to 1 or 2 accidents a week.

Quoting eb415:

Quoting bowribbonmama:

We do that too.  It helps - sometimes.  Did it work for your DD?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DropZoneMom
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:41 PM

My son had that issue until he was almost 10.   My only advice:   hang in there.   Do not -- DO NOT EVER -- blame, punish, or shame your child for wetting the bed.   It is NOT HER FAULT.   Chances are good that she will outgrow it in the next year or two.

What we did to make it a little easier:   I double sheeted his bed, with a waterproof pad between, and we set out extra pajama bottoms & underwear every night.    So, if he wetted, he could remove his wet clothes, the top (fitted) sheet, and the waterproof pad, put them in a hamper, put on the dry clothes, and already have a dry sheet to sleep on.   (We also had extra blankets in a drawer in his dresser, in case those were affected.  

It can very frustrating for parents -- but, keep in mind, it's MUCH harder for your child.    You WILL get through this!!!!

eb415
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Quoting CrossStitchMum:

Get her tested for  an intolerance to yeast. My sister did, apparently the overload of yeast irriates the urethra, causing the bladder to let go, and they wet, once she got yeast out of her diet she was fine :)

Huh - that's a new one.  I'll have to look into that - thanks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)