Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm Seriously Depressed.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I should be enjoying one of the happiest moments in a woman's life, pregnancy but instead I'm deeply depressed. I feel really selfish because my life is actually stress free. I'm a newly wed, just closed on my first home 4 days ago complete financial stability. The problem is I wasn't expecting to get pregnant so fast. This is my first pregnancy and I am not at all enjoying the first trimester. We had actually planned a fun summer which consist of water rafting and mountain climbing with a group of our close friends. I'm drifting into a dark place I don't want to be. Please give some advice.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Get over it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:58 PM
That was mean.
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this
This will most likely pass. Your second trimester usually means your energy returns, the nausea stops and you start getting excited as your belly grows.

You should mention your feelings to your OB though.

Congrats on everything and good luck mama!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

This will most likely pass. Your second trimester usually means your energy returns, the nausea stops and you start getting excited as your belly grows.

Thank you so much! I just read over my initial post I sound a pit ungrateful. I'm really thankful that I'm able to conceive this baby with the man of my dreams it's just all happening so fast. I want to bring it all up to my husband but I don't want him to start worrying. I will discuss my feeling with my OB.
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:10 PM
I don't think being apprehensive about having a baby makes you ungrateful. I don't doubt you're a little scared, totally normal.

Have you looked at baby stuff yet? I was in a bit of a funk at first with my third child until I started planning for his arrival, then it just sort of fell away.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

Thank you so much! I just read over my initial post I sound a pit ungrateful. I'm really thankful that I'm able to conceive this baby with the man of my dreams it's just all happening so fast. I want to bring it all up to my husband but I don't want him to start worrying. I will discuss my feeling with my OB.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

Not yet, I was thinking the same though. Maybe I could buy something for the baby it will make the baby seem more real. Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it.
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:58 PM

It's ok. You are going through a lot and have tons of hormones.

itll all be worth it when you have that beautiful baby in your arms. Congrats mama.

dreamalong
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:02 PM

First, depression in teh first trimester will pass.  Second, keep focusing on the positives.  I'm a senior citizen who has had a hysterectomy.  guess what the doctor told me -- that due to the hormonal changes after a hysterectomy, you will be more susceptable to depression!!!!  I thought, thanks doc!  So, when I feel down, I have to establish a habit of talking myself out of it.  Keep the positives handy, for the negative feelings!  Tell yourself it's the hormones, and get past it.  I do not take feeling depression lightly!  HOWEVER, I will NOT Let it overwhelm me!  I'm strong, I understand what is happening, and I know I am a happy person!

LalasMommy1125
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I didn't enjoy being pregnant in the beginning or toward the end. It was cool when she started moving around etc but don't feel bad for the way you are feeling. There is so much going on within in your body it is hard sometimes to feel like you have no control over your body anymore

healingone
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:16 PM

So sorry you are feeling this way!  The hormonal adjustments of early pregnancy can be tough, but they do settle, and usually second trimester is much better.  By third trimester, things will be more difficult, so please please please do a LOT of positive self talk to encourage yourself to totally enjoy this summer and relish it.  I am glad you are having the baby, even though the timing is unexpected.  As your baby grows into a child and adolescent he/she will need your help on managing feelings and learning how to regulate them.  So this is a perfect time for you to be practicing that.  I encourage you to get some help via a trained psychotherapist who can help you deal with all the mixed feelings, and help you gain some perspective.  IT takes emotional work to come around at a time like this.  Some grief is appropriate as the timing is off, and it may be better to let the grief happen, than to let yourself slide into a pit trying not to have the sad feelings of loss associated with this unexpected timing.  You are a really wonderful person just for reaching out for help!!  Keep going.  Just keep going.  At first helping yourself enjoy the summer will be work, then it can be not so tough at all, once you are in the practice of greeting each new day with hope for all the beauty you are open to seeing, the blossoming hope you can be feeling at a new life, the new perspectives you will be gaining.  But it won't happen if you don't work at it, and most of us need help from learned others who have walked the road before us.  You take care of you momma, and that will be the best thing you can do for your child.  YOu deserve to enjoy this pregnancy!  YOu just need help transitioning.  YOu can do it!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)