Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help Me Fix Me!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

I'll tell you what my issues are with myself and what I want.  You tell me how. (please)

• Coarse hair - split ends.  My hair splits easily because it is naturally coarse, I color it and flat iron.  A haircut would only get rid of the split ends I have now but wont stop them from coming back.  I'd like to find a way to mask the split ends, make them less obvious as I know that there is not such thing as repairing them.

• Uneven skin tone.  When I look closely in the mirror I notice sun spots and old acne scars.  I want a smoother looking complexion w/ more of a glow.

• Sideburns...I was cursed with these damn things.

• Cracked Heals.  I don't know how, or when my feet got so bad.  I used to have the smoothest feet and I loved wearing sandals!

• Dry skin around my cuticles.  I have a nervous habit of picking my fingers which adds to the problem.  I wish there was a lotion/cream that could heal them quickly leaving me nothing to pick.

This is the first time I've written down what I actually hate about my image, lol.  I feel like an Ogre! 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
vvinkyloafer
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Ends splitting are a natural occurrence, especially if you apply chemicals and heat to it. Spray your hair with a thermal spray after you flat-iron it and make sure you condition your hair. Conditioning helps keep the cuticle closed and prevents further damage.

Roo1234
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:04 PM
I can't give you tips for everything but I discovered one of the best things you can use on your dry cuticles is carmex ( the lip balm).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I'll look into it.  Thanks! :)

Quoting Roo1234:

I can't give you tips for everything but I discovered one of the best things you can use on your dry cuticles is carmex ( the lip balm).

SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Invest in a foot wand and heel balm.  Other posters have given you the advice on the other things I am knowledgeable about.

blondieinva80
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Cracked heels....pumice stone and foot cream from bath and body works true blue spa line....stuff is awesome!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:11 PM
  • Coarse hair - split ends.  My hair splits easily because it is naturally coarse, I color it and flat iron.  A haircut would only get rid of the split ends I have now but wont stop them from coming back.  I'd like to find a way to mask the split ends, make them less obvious as I know that there is not such thing as repairing them.
  • Use a heat protectorant and Moroccan oil. Do not wash daily. Get your hair trimmed every 6-8 weeks.
  • Uneven skin tone.  When I look closely in the mirror I notice sun spots and old acne scars.  I want a smoother looking complexion w/ more of a glow.
  • . Natural apple cider vinegar regulates the pH of your skin. Dilute apple cider vinegar with two parts water, and spread the concoction over your face with a cotton ball to replace your current toner. You can do this at night after washing, and in the morning before you apply your moisturizer. A dab of apple cider vinegar can also be left on the skin overnight to fade age spots or acne scars.

• A hair stylist can help you maintain them stlyishly.
  • Cracked Heals.  I don't know how, or when my feet got so bad.  I used to have the smoothest feet and I loved wearing sandals!
  •  Exfoliate your feet and use a pedi egg. Then smother with Aquafor and put on socks.Best to do at bedtime.

• Dry skin around my cuticles.  I have a nervous habit of picking my fingers which adds to the problem.  I wish there was a lotion/cream that could heal them quickly leaving me nothing to pick.
  • Get a maincure and use Aquafor at bedtime.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Wow, thanks!

Quoting Anonymous:

• Use a heat protectorant and Moroccan oil. Do not wash daily. Get your hair trimmed every 6-8 weeks.
  • . Natural apple cider vinegar regulates the pH of your skin. Dilute apple cider vinegar with two parts water, and spread the concoction over your face with a cotton ball to replace your current toner. You can do this at night after washing, and in the morning before you apply your moisturizer. A dab of apple cider vinegar can also be left on the skin overnight to fade age spots or acne scars.

• A hair stylist can help you maintain them stlyishly.
  •  Exfoliate your feet and use a pedi egg. Then smother with Aquafor and put on socks.Best to do at bedtime.

• Get a maincure and use Aquafor at bedtime.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Oils before your showers smooth hair.  Avocado oil, coconut oil, hemp seed oil.  Stop heat damaging and coloring your hair.  Also, wearing hair down all the time so that your ends are rubbing against your shirt can cause split ends and frizziness.  Don't rub your hair dry.  Get regular trims.

Scrub your face with baking soda and water to exfoliate.  It won't dry out your skin.  Lemon juice or vinegar is good toner that will even your skin color better.  It does it for me.  Also messaging a tiny bit of grapeseed oil.

For heels, get one of those callous removers for feet.  They can be left in the shower.  There is also an awesome product that removes callouses from feet.  I think it's called CallousBGone.  Before bed, message oil, I like avocado oil, on your feet, especially your heels, and wear socks.  Your feet will improve immensely.

Use the same oil on your cuticles.  Castor oil is great for this too.  There is also the horse hoof nail cream is awesome.  Carry a nail trimmer and file around with you.  There is a very fine nail file that I've used to smooth out the cuticle around my nails. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN