Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poison Ivy help, please!!

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:00 PM
  • 14 Replies

My mom has poison ivy bad, head to toe! She has been to the doctor twice, had 2 shots and a pack of steroid pills, and its still all over her, and its driving her nuts. 

Does anybody have any remedies for poison ivy, she is willing to try anything!

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WandaSue
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:01 PM

has she taken an oatmeal bath? idk what it is but whenmy kiddos jump in the pool...they feel better

redneckmama4
by Loree on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Baking soda paste! Let it set and dry. It will dry it up. Jewelweed will grow where ivy and oak etc. grow. Cut it open and spread on skin. And tell her to not touch.
ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I bet she is willing to try both, she just called me about in tears! It is relentless, just wont go away!

Quoting WandaSue:

has she taken an oatmeal bath? idk what it is but whenmy kiddos jump in the pool...they feel better

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Caladryl
Oatmeal bath
Sarna cream or any anti itch cream
Benadryl.
Bleach mixture

DONT ITCH!!
WandaSue
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:04 PM

:( good luck

Quoting ahappymommy:

I bet she is willing to try both, she just called me about in tears! It is relentless, just wont go away!

Quoting WandaSue:

justbreatheOx
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh I've dealt with this numerous times! It's the worst. You just have to let it run it's course and go away on its own. Usually takes 1-2 weeks.
ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this

She is currently mixing up the baking soda paste! Thank you!

Quoting redneckmama4:

Baking soda paste! Let it set and dry. It will dry it up. Jewelweed will grow where ivy and oak etc. grow. Cut it open and spread on skin. And tell her to not touch.

Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:07 PM
There a foam soap called Ivrest at Walmart and it works great. My dd and I had it really bad on our faces one year and it was gone in about 4 days.
redneckmama4
by Loree on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:11 PM
I hope she gets relief soon!

I had a bad case of chiggers around my shorts area. OMG! I could've died! Fuck chiggers or anything itchy!
ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:28 PM

She is about to go crazy! SHe called me in tears trying to find something to make it stop!

Quoting redneckmama4:

I hope she gets relief soon!

I had a bad case of chiggers around my shorts area. OMG! I could've died! Fuck chiggers or anything itchy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)