Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A Mom of an Autistic Boy YELLED at ME for MY DS Being Too Rowdy Update 1

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 173 Replies

We were at a restaurant and they had Wheel Of Fortune on the TV.  Every time the DING went after they would spin and buy a letter, my DS would say DING DONG! really loud.  It was soo cute but embarrassing, so I kept saying SHHH! and Use your inside voice! I kept telling him to be quiet.

It wasn't good enough for this other mom, she came over and told me, "You need to discipline your kid because you're disrupting me and my family and my son is autistic."  My DS then said DING DONG really loud and she yelled at my son to SHUT UP!  

Edit- 
Her son came in to the restaurant crying. My son was not obnoxious, otherwise the restaurant would have turned down or off the TV.  He was being cute saying DING DONG! after every ding on the TV. I know people don't like to deal with other kids, they only like their own, so I kept saying to my DS SHHH! and Use your inside voice!  I was disciplining my DS.  I just didn't take him outside for my food to get cold, and I didn't spank him because he was not being bad or harming himself or someone else, he was being a normal boy, making a noise after hearing the noise. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:15 PM
missbrooklynnv
by New Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Some people are assholes
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I would have yelled fr her to shut up I wouldn't let anyone talk to my son that way

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
While I think she handled the situation HORRIBLY, you must at least understand her frustration. She was trying to enjoy her meal and your son was being disruptive. Again, she handled it way way wrong.
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Bitches 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Why didnt you put her in her place?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:22 PM
She was on her phone the whole time. My kid was happy and not screaming like her kid. She had her husband there to help her, mine was at work. She could have excused herself and finished her phone conversation outside.

Quoting Anonymous:

While I think she handled the situation HORRIBLY, you must at least understand her frustration. She was trying to enjoy her meal and your son was being disruptive. Again, she handled it way way wrong.
starlight91
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:23 PM
2 moms liked this

What does her son being autistic have anything to do with it?

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:23 PM
4 moms liked this

She handled it very poorly, but if my child was being loud and disruptive over and over after I told him to quiet down, after the first warning I would remove him and have him sit outside until he was ready to behave. Both of you could have handled the situation better.

ajdahd13
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:23 PM
What an asshole that lady is.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)