Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler pooping issues

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:08 PM
  • 9 Replies
My 18 month old daughter has not pooped in 3 days but she doesn't seem like shes in any pain or anything like that.she did have constipation issues as a baby & her dr told me to give her a suppository if she hasn't gone in 3 days but no more than once a month or she would rely on them & i havent had to use 1 in months but i did give her one today & she hasn't gone..should I worry?shes been perfectly happy & content so i don't know..
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
twin_mama_x_2
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Bump
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Call dr

twin_mama_x_2
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:15 PM
I actually plan on taking her in 1st thing in the morning.she has been sick with sinus stuff & not eating as well which could explain it..

Quoting Jessy613:

Call dr

mesfilles
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Will she drink a little prune juice or eat some prunes? I would up her fiber and water intake and cut down on her dairy so she doesn't get chronically constipated.
twin_mama_x_2
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:29 PM
I did get her to drink 1 oz of prune apple gerber baby juice but she really doesn't like juice.i did try though..she seems fine,i just worry when it gets to be 3 days..

Quoting mesfilles:

Will she drink a little prune juice or eat some prunes? I would up her fiber and water intake and cut down on her dairy so she doesn't get chronically constipated.

mommy2cristian
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Pears might help.  I know when my kids are constipated it's pear or apple/prune juice.  I also give apple juice. 

twin_mama_x_2
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Thank you:-)we saw the dr today & he gave her lactulose & told me to give her another suppository...and she pooped within 30 minutes!! Yay!!

Quoting mommy2cristian:

Pears might help.  I know when my kids are constipated it's pear or apple/prune juice.  I also give apple juice. 

mommy2cristian
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Great!  I always try to make sure my kids go once a day or once every 2 days.  If not, I give them a little pear juice or apple juice to help them along. 

Quoting twin_mama_x_2:

Thank you:-)we saw the dr today & he gave her lactulose & told me to give her another suppository...and she pooped within 30 minutes!! Yay!!

Quoting mommy2cristian:

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Mirilax is wonderful
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)