Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wtf school

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
When we move a month ago the one thing i wanted was a great school for my ds.everyone told me this school is great.

Today i am talking to neighbors and i get told by 2 different neighbors at 2 different times that this school, elem school has a drug problem. Dealer having elementary kid sell drugs. The school is walking distance all kids in the neighborhood walk.

A teacher was fired last year and arrested for doing drugs at school and kids smoke pot in the bathroom.
Dealer catch kids walking to school. wtf this is not the type of school i want my son 5th grade next year going too. What do i do now.

I was also told the neighborhood was good. I was lied too.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Why didn't you check it out yourself?

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Did you do any research on your own?
Who told you it was so wonderful?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:40 PM
I checked out online a plus school. People in the neighborhood i talked and landlord all before i moved in.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Did you do any research on your own?

Who told you it was so wonderful?
tardistraveller
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:40 PM

the time to ask these questions of the neighbours would have been before you moved I would think.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Homeschool, private school?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:44 PM
There are drugs in all schools. At least in private schools they can tell the parent of the kid who gets caught with the drugs to GTFO.
Leissaintexas
by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:44 PM

No school is perfectly drug free, I don't care what anybody tells you.

petie1104
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Maybe it's not that bad. Did you buy or sign a lease? If its a lease, at least the end is in sight.

But, I would want more than word of mouth. Everyone here told me that my kids school was full of preppy druggies. (Its a charter school, we have alot of them here). It's not. The kids are "preppy" in a way, but they also perform amazingly well on tests and the majority go on to college. I found, after asking around, that the ps hs is known as the dumb ones, the catholic school are known as ignorant religious nuts, one of the other schools is thought of as the drug dealers, and another one as the rejects. Basically, rumors abound about all of them from the others. If you go to school a, then anyone in school b is a drug dealer. Go to school c, well the ones at school a are idiots. I don't know why, but that is just how it seems to be here. So I'd want hard evidence before making a judgement on the school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:45 PM
I talked to people before. I looked at other houses in the neighborhood before choosing this one.

Quoting tardistraveller:

the time to ask these questions of the neighbours would have been before you moved I would think.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:49 PM
You expect it in high school , some middle schools but elementary school? My kids have been to a lot of elementary schools and never drugs.

Quoting Leissaintexas:

No school is perfectly drug free, I don't care what anybody tells you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)