Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm so freaking happy!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:05 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I found some baby pictures of my son!!! Had tons on a laptop that was stolen and I never had the chance to print those pics off. Well I was cleaning and found a flash drive. I stuck it in my computer and found a few pics of when he was a tiny little infant. I thought I'd never have a picture of him as an infant. All the pics I have are when he is like 2 and older.
*squeals with joy*
I just had had to share my excitement.
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Awesome!!

kmab0629
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:07 PM

That's great =)  

soon2bmomof3619
by Tinkerbell on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:21 PM

That's great, I would be thrilled too. I lost my original sonograms from both my kids and their umbilical cord stumps (some say it's gross but it's tradition in my family) over 2 years ago and I am still heartbroken about it. I had scanned them onto FB though, so I'm glad I've got them still that way (well the U/S, not the umbili stumps)

My best friend had all her DDs baby pics on a computer that had gotten taken over by a virus and they couldn't save any of them and she didnt have any of them posted to any of the social network sites, she didn't have them backed up at all and she'll never get those back.

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Oh it's so awesome when that happens!  Yay!

mama_cullum
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:26 PM
I kept the umbilical stumps too. I kept everything. Including the heart monitor cords and cuffs. The hospital said I could have it they were going to throw them away. I have their first pacifiers, go home outfits, hair brushes. I keep them all stored in keep sake boxes. I'm weird like that.

Quoting soon2bmomof3619:

That's great, I would be thrilled too. I lost my original sonograms from both my kids and their umbilical cord stumps (some say it's gross but it's tradition in my family) over 2 years ago and I am still heartbroken about it. I had scanned them onto FB though, so I'm glad I've got them still that way (well the U/S, not the umbili stumps)

My best friend had all her DDs baby pics on a computer that had gotten taken over by a virus and they couldn't save any of them and she didnt have any of them posted to any of the social network sites, she didn't have them backed up at all and she'll never get those back.

mama_cullum
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:27 PM
I stared at the pics and cried. I can't believe he was that small and now I have pics to look back at to remind me.

Quoting Diamepphyre:

Oh it's so awesome when that happens!  Yay!

soon2bmomof3619
by Tinkerbell on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I had all that stuff too, but my S/Os stupid bitch of a cousin told us we could store stuff in her attic when S/O went to Nebraska and I stayed in NH, then after he left she wouldn't let me in to get anything. I even lost MY first bunny rabbit and first pair of Levi jeans, and so so so much more. I try not to think about it too much because it sends me into a rage when I think about EVERYTHING that is there that is not replacable I want to fuck some shit up. I try to remind myself it's just material things, but some of that stuff has a ton of memories tied to it, and now when I think of those memories, I think of what I lost as well.

Quoting mama_cullum:

I kept the umbilical stumps too. I kept everything. Including the heart monitor cords and cuffs. The hospital said I could have it they were going to throw them away. I have their first pacifiers, go home outfits, hair brushes. I keep them all stored in keep sake boxes. I'm weird like that.

Quoting soon2bmomof3619:

mama_cullum
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:44 PM
That's so sad. It is materal things but if you're like me, those materal things hold sentiment value. I have things that I guard like gold that belonged to now deceased family members. It's a part of them that I can still hold onto.

Quoting soon2bmomof3619:

I had all that stuff too, but my S/Os stupid bitch of a cousin told us we could store stuff in her attic when S/O went to Nebraska and I stayed in NH, then after he left she wouldn't let me in to get anything. I even lost MY first bunny rabbit and first pair of Levi jeans, and so so so much more. I try not to think about it too much because it sends me into a rage when I think about EVERYTHING that is there that is not replacable I want to fuck some shit up. I try to remind myself it's just material things, but some of that stuff has a ton of memories tied to it, and now when I think of those memories, I think of what I lost as well.

Quoting mama_cullum:

Quoting soon2bmomof3619:

soon2bmomof3619
by Tinkerbell on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Exactly and I lost so much of that stuff. The hardest part is living where I do now, I can't even go visit the cemetary where my grandparents are, and I lost everything they had ever given to me except one ugly end table my grandpa made that is at my moms, so I still don't have it with me.

Quoting mama_cullum:

That's so sad. It is materal things but if you're like me, those materal things hold sentiment value. I have things that I guard like gold that belonged to now deceased family members. It's a part of them that I can still hold onto.

Quoting soon2bmomof3619:

Quoting mama_cullum:

Quoting soon2bmomof3619:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)