Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I lost him....again :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
A week ago I asked my friend if his girlfriend had a problem with our friendship. The reason I asked is because my friend and I have a history together, we dated, we were each others first serious relationship and we lost our virginities together.

I told him if it was too weird for his girl I would bow out of the friendship. He told me she was ok with our friendship as long as it remained just that, a friendship.

I texted him yesterday to see how things were with him. And he told me that he couldn't talk to me anymore because it was too weird for her that we are friends.

It's understandable, but, she said, she was ok with it, when I asked the first time. So why is she suddenly not ok with it?

I am pretty devastated, but I said I would bow out, and I will. But it hurts to lose him again.

She has already made him get rid of other friends that are female, that he doesn't have a history with, so I'm confused.

My question is, is this weird to anybody else?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:12 PM
No. I dropped all if my male friends once I got married. I was willing to sacrifice those relationships for him, that is how much he means to me. Before marriage though? Nope.
TaughtTot
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I don't think that it is necessarily weird, not something everyone does, but I hear about this all of the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:15 PM
They have only been dating for a little over two weeks

Quoting Anonymous:

No. I dropped all if my male friends once I got married. I was willing to sacrifice those relationships for him, that is how much he means to me. Before marriage though? Nope.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Yea...two weeks seems a bit premature to cut ties.

Quoting Anonymous:

They have only been dating for a little over two weeks

Quoting Anonymous:

dmarie2101
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:19 PM

i dont think its weird in an uncommon way, but its weird to ME bc ive never cared who dh was friends with. including women he had a "past" with. it doesnt bother me. hes with me, im with him. the end.

i grew up with a guy whose wife is that way, though. i called once (they were dating at the time) and she answered. he wasnt there, but she basically interrogated me. lol. i didnt really mind, i had nothing to hide. we've known each other since we were like 4, no romantic involvement, just good friends for a long period of time. she was nice on the phone, but afterwards he wasnt "allowed" to speak to me. i dont completely blame her, though. shes crazy, but he lets it happen.

villagemamma
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Nope i think that it is good of you to bow out gracefully and let the relationship go whatever way it goes. Maybe someday she will be comfortable with it or maybe they wont last.

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:22 PM

It's so sad when women do that.  It's their inseucrity but they pass it off onto the guy and it's just not right.  Emotional maturity and confidence that God gave a rock there.  So sad that so many just don't have a clue that confidence is a hell of a lot sexier and more attractive than the needy, controlling, and selfish behaviors in which they engage.

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Quoting villagemamma:

Nope i think that it is good of you to bow out gracefully and let the relationship go whatever way it goes. Maybe someday she will be comfortable with it or maybe they wont last.

casseopeia
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:24 PM

My SO getting chummy with his ex bothered me, but I didn't say anything until he started spending the night with her a few years ago.  He has since pulled hi head out of his ass and only communicates through their child.  Any direct communication seems to be limited to snarky letters from her, and contempt charges from him.

AjsMom0508
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:25 PM
I'm so glad I'm marrying someone who accepts me for who I am and doesn't try to change my friends. One of my best friends is male. We've been friends since kindergarten. He is standing on my side during our wedding. DF is completely ok with it. He even suggested it. I've always had predominately male friends. I don't get along well with women and never have. I'm glad I've found someone who accepts that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)