Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 weeks pregnant and moving away **WE TALKED**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

I'm 4 weeks pregnant, found out today at the OBGYN, I went in thinking I had a UTI but nope, PREGO, and I am moving away so I can continue my schooling.  I am starting my Masters this fall and I don't want to give it up.  I already rejected schools and accepted the one I want to go to. 

My SO & I have been together for a while now and I don't know what will necessarily happen with that, but tonight I am telling him the news, telling him I am still moving, and I'd appreciate it if he came with me instead of doing the long distance we were planning to do.

It's a 2 year program, maybe I can finish in 18months if I have help, but 2 years for sure if I am going to be having this baby and my 5 year old alone most of the time. I will just double time it in school during my pregnancy.

VENT OVER

STRESSED

Last night my SO came over and we talked.  I told him the news, he was very happy, he brought up marriage but I declined for now because I want to see a lawyer for a prenup (we both have inheritances we don't want touched).

He says he is going to research the area of my school and see where would be best to move for his business. I hope all of his business can be moved by the time the baby is here, I  mean, he isn't the best with time management and even if he starts the business out here, I am sure he will be back and forth a lot so fingers crossed he can get this all put together by the time I will really need him.

This morning, we don't live together but he has a key to my apartment, he went and got hot chocolate for me at Starbucks, made exactly how I like it, Zebra, and took me out to eat breakfast.  

He asked if he can tell people yet and I just told him to wait until I pass the 3 month mark, or I start showing obviously.

He is excited, he has been in Macy's since it opened, says he will buy white, green, yellow and orange only.  Gosh I hope no one sees him buying this stuff, not that big of a city.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Good luck with it all.

poohbearkfc
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Good luck.
c_ramirez8606
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Good Luck. I hope it all works out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Thanks to all of you. He'll be here shortly.  Luckily I know he wants to have kids soon, but we just figured it wouldn't happen until I was finishing out school.

Quoting Jessy613:

Good luck.

locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Wow good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:53 PM
You won't do it in 18 months with a newborn.
TheMrs407
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Just do it! I gave up my masters when I found out I was pregnant ...bad mistake. It will be 10x harder once baby is here.

Congrats btw!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

If my SO is there, yes I will.

I did a 2 year schooling program when I had my DS in less than 3 semesters.  Some of us can handle big course loads.

Quoting Anonymous:

You won't do it in 18 months with a newborn.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I am going with or with out him, I have to secure my future.

Quoting TheMrs407:

Just do it! I gave up my masters when I found out I was pregnant ...bad mistake. It will be 10x harder once baby is here.

Congrats btw!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)