Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DH treating my DD like SH**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

There are a couple of instances i dont want to get into because most of you will say im being petty, but i swear, i love my dh, and i love my dd. But she comes first. She is from a previous relationship, 6 yrs old. We have a 1 yr old son together, whom my dh is fabulous with. But there are tiny things he does with my dd that send me off the roof.

Like just now, After dinner, she grabs a bottle of water from the fridge, and dh is folding clothes, she walks up to him and tries to hand it to him and says she cannot open it. He doesnt even look at her, keeps folding his clothes, and says nothing.

Im walking out of the kitchen with my food and catch this BS. Im sure my jaw hit the floor, because he doesnt do shit like this when im around. He probably thought that i couldnt hear. I said, What is the matter with you?? DH tells me She didnt ASK me. So i just kept folding?

He already knows im going to be pissed, i am not one of those idiots that lets my dd feel like my ds gets special treatment. I tell him NO i HEARD her tell you she wouldnt open it, why dont you ask her how to ask you to open it?? He just grabs it and opens it then goes back to folding. wtf jerk.

I swear he does this shit on purpose!! I havent talked to him since that, only a couple hours, but still, how can he expect me to respect him when he treats her like that?! Shes a good kid!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:31 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:33 PM
4 moms liked this
Don't talk to him like that in front of her, first of all.

Second... My ex started acting like that to my daughter once I had our son. And yeah, now he's my ex.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Maybe he is trying to teach her to ask for help?
emeraldangel20
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
idk what to say. Sound to me he was indirectly teaching manners. I do that to my cousins all the time. Kids ask adults to do something, they don't tell them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't tolerate anyone treating one of my kids better than the other. He knew you had her from the get go. Id have a talk with him and see if things changed. I personally would never pick a man over my children.
ashellbell
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:38 PM
I did/do the same thing with my dd. You don't just hand me something and expect me to meet your needs. She has to ask and say please. I think this particular instance sounds like a lesson for her to learn. Again, I'm basing my response only knowing this story.
LilliesValley
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Seems like if that was happening enough I'd be gone. Sorry but only first dh gets first priority. If he dies and I remarry my kids from my first marriage will come before any spouse. They would know that upfront though. Not sure what to say op. Yeah at 6 she should have asked but six year olds aren't always perfect with manners. He should have just said you need to ask and then let her ask and opened the bottle. I'd be having a MAJOR conversation with him.
MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:39 PM

I have to agree.It sounds more like he was trying to make a point rather than just being an asshole.

Quoting emeraldangel20:

idk what to say. Sound to me he was indirectly teaching manners. I do that to my cousins all the time. Kids ask adults to do something, they don't tell them.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:39 PM
That's So cruel, why did he dislike her so much?
LilliesValley
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree she should have asked but saying to her you need to ask would have been a better approach imo.

Quoting ashellbell:

I did/do the same thing with my dd. You don't just hand me something and expect me to meet your needs. She has to ask and say please. I think this particular instance sounds like a lesson for her to learn. Again, I'm basing my response only knowing this story.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)