Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child support

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:57 PM
  • 9 Replies
Does anyones exs pay for a child he fathered willingly or has everyone had to go to court????
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Had to go through court, but my bil pays willingly because if he did go to court, he'd be paying a lot more.
TaughtTot
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:59 PM

We now have a court order but he always has given me money if I needed it and he had it and then some.  We have a good relationship, he just took me to court to get joint custody on paper because of the chances of me having to move again.  Completely understandable.

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Court ordered.
LiliM
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
DH did. When they did end up in court he had a credit and was not in arrears add the ex claimed.

If you all are not together it's better to get to court and make things legal. It's less hassle than trying to work with someone who doesn't want to work with you. Lesser of two evils, I know.

But you just make it a business transaction. DH was able to brush off a lot of the personal crap by keeping everything to a CO and CS order. The more specific the better.

Good luck.
momof4in29
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Im just wondering how many good guys are still out there lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Went to a mediator or something for mine but apparently he gives his 2nd ex-wife money every month and isn't court ordered to do it. It was like that with his first son also. Guess she got pissed off about something and decided to put him on CS right before I did.

wirehangers
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:04 PM

I didn't have to go to court.I have the kids 365 days a year and he pays everything.I'd rather share the kids and get less support,but he has too many issues.

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:04 PM

kind of both...he pays willingly, but through the court. a court order isnt always forcing the ncp to pay, its to have proof they are providing, and the cp cant file otherwise.

sid1083
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Had been voluntary, but when I filed for custody I asked for a garnishment due to other circumstances I wasn't willing to deal with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)