Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She Wants Me To Go Away?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

So tonight was a battle and then some, when 4 year old DD's bedtime rolled around. Usually on Monday nights, we pop some popcorn, and watch the voice together. Well she knows that if she gets attitude with me or doesn't listen to me that that privilege goes away. Well I asked her to do something about 7:00 as I'm grabbing the popcorn out of the freezer and her exact words "But you can walk!" This in itself threw me off so I said "Um, you need to watch your attitude miss."  I got the reply "No way. You're not my boss." So in the corner she went. Popcorn went back in the freezer and bedtime comensed early. Well then brushing her teeth turned into a battle of epic preportions to the point where I had to brush her teeth for her and her screaming promted the neighbor to come and make sure everything was okay. As I'm trying to get her to go potty before bed, so there's no accidents, she starts getting more attitude and even put HERSELF in the corner screaming and pounding the whole way. Well, my rule is once she's been told and are already in the corner, then things start to go into mommy's closet for an indefinite amount of time for each time that she tells me no or doesn't listen. So I ask her to go potty again. She says no, so into my closet goes her Doc McStuffins kit. I ask her again, and this time I get "nope. No way jose." So into the closet goes her my little pony collection. Finally she gets up and says "I'll go. I'll go." Goes in and just sits on the lid. When I asked her if she needed something else to go away she says "Yeah. You!"  At first it really caught me off guard so I stumbled and I asked her again "What?" "You just need to go away mommy!"  She's went potty and is now in bed, but I'm just kind of in shock right now. I just want to cry.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justbreatheOx
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:13 PM
She's 4. It'll blow over. She might be overly tired or not feeling good. See how she is tomorrow.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
It only gets better.... good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Is it normal for 4 year olds? She's my oldest, so everything that happens with her is a new experience.

Quoting justbreatheOx:

She's 4. It'll blow over. She might be overly tired or not feeling good. See how she is tomorrow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Thanks.

Quoting Anonymous:

It only gets better.... good luck

justbreatheOx
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I'm sure it is. Kids have off days. My 2 yr old does. I'm sure she's gonna give me tude when she's a little older too lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Is it normal for 4 year olds? She's my oldest, so everything that happens with her is a new experience.

Quoting justbreatheOx:

Bout-that-life
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Wait wait wait. You grabbed popcorn out of the freezer??! I don't understand. Did I miss something? When has popcorn come from the freezer?

Not joking, seriously. I am confused.
Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:20 PM
my youngest is 5. Completely normal. She sounds overtired, that's all. She'll probably be all smiles tomorrow.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting justbreatheOx:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:20 PM

It keeps better. My mom used to freeze our popcorn (pre-popped of course) so I guess it just passed down to me as a habit.

Quoting Bout-that-life:

Wait wait wait. You grabbed popcorn out of the freezer??! I don't understand. Did I miss something? When has popcorn come from the freezer?

Not joking, seriously. I am confused.

justone_jen
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:20 PM
She's four. Kids are assholes. Let it go, mama. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

She's 4, she's learning to assert her own thoughts. Teach her that it is okay to talk about her emotions and how she feels and give her the words to use when she is frustrated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)