Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cloth diapering is nasty...

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:15 PM
  • 58 Replies
1 mom liked this
and yet it has its own rewards. I wont lie to you it isnt pleasant to handle pee and poo when prepairing them to wash an din the summer the smell is the worst smell you can imagine when they are put in a diaper pail in an unairconditioned garage. but the perks are well worth it!! not only does the mother save money but they also have the best chemical free alternative to disposables money can buy. and when you need more diapers you just wash the soiled ones!!

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replyI Like Big Butts and I Cannot

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:16 PM
3 moms liked this

It's a great choice if it fits your lifestyle.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Barf, I tried it once, big shit she has ever taken...I threw the fucking cloth diaper in the garbage and said never again!!!
tardistraveller
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:17 PM

not a great option if you have no washer at home.  I liked my cosco diapers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I keep mine inside so the smell doesn't get bad. In fact, no one's noticed, and they think the diaper pail is a hamper!! Love my cloth!!
inspain
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:18 PM

They've worked great for us and I have to say, the ones we're using now, with DD2, are a HUGE leap forward from the ones we used with DD1, eleven years ago.

TrouserMouse
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:19 PM
I don't think I am saving money. I am addicted to buying cute dipes. I don't think the poo is that bad if they are EBF. When they start solids, that is when it gets nasty. The pee doesn't bother me at all.

Cloth diapering has come a long way since the flats, safety pins, and rubber pants I used with my first son. I had a bleach water bucket I threw the dirties in until wash day.
FL2AK
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:19 PM
They are so cute now! I just bought some for my friend's daughter for her first birthday. All of the patterns were so cute and the quality was great.
brittney28
by Brittney on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I prefer pampers..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:19 PM

I think they are great.

mamabearjkda
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Yay for you? I tried cloth diapers, the pins kept coming out and poking my daughter, don't see how that was more beneficial to her, but whatever. To each their own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)