Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what a cheat!!!!!!!!! *mini edit*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

Now that I have your attention, I have a question....how long does your email account have to be inactive before you get a 'we want you back' email sent to your alternate email address? I recently found one sent to my husband's primary email address about an email account that I knew/know nothing about and now I'm freaking out. I just don't know what to think. I don't know how long he's had the account. I don't know if he's used it without my knowledge for possible extra-curricular activities (a.k.a cheating). I just have no freakin' clue about anything right now..my stomach is in knots because I'm expecting the worst. **edit** so I asked him if he has used a Yahoo account since we've been together for anything. He said that he doesn't think so. Then I told him he got an email about one, and I have tried logging in. I asked for the password (and what it could possibly be). He says he couldn't remember and he has no idea what it could be because it has 'been a while since he's used it'. So I have tried to request a new password since he can't remember the security question, but I won't be able to get it since he doesn't remember the answer. He says if he has used it, it's been long before we got together (4 years ago). I doubt that they would wait over 4 years and suddenly send an email saying 'oh..btw..you have an email account that you need to log in to one day.' It just doesn't sound right to me. He seemed to get defensive when I was asking what he thinks the password might be, and when I just came out and asked if he has cheated on me or used the email to cheat on me, he sort of laughed and said no. [another small edit: i just tried to log in again and a different security question came up. it asked for our dd's nickname and it was last updated april 16, 2011. that would be a year and 8 months since we had been together and 3 months after our dd was born. so now i'm furious because he definitely lied to me.]

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firespurity
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:34 PM
which company is the account through?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Quoting firespurity:

It's through Yahoo. I hit the 'forgot id' button just to be sure it wasn't spam and sure enough, a valid id showed up on my screen and it's a nickname my dh has gone by in the past/recently so I know it's definitely him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Bump

areles
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
i have several sock puppet accounts. i use them as spam traps. i wouldn't worry if i were you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firespurity
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:41 PM
I believe it's 120 days of it was deactivated. More then a year inactivity. Was it @yahoo or @ymail or something else?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting firespurity:

It's through Yahoo. I hit the 'forgot id' button just to be sure it wasn't spam and sure enough, a valid id showed up on my screen and it's a nickname my dh has gone by in the past/recently so I know it's definitely him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:44 PM

I believe it was no-reply@yahoo or something like that..

Quoting firespurity:

I believe it's 120 days of it was deactivated. More then a year inactivity. Was it @yahoo or @ymail or something else?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting firespurity:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Quoting areles:

i have several sock puppet accounts. i use them as spam traps. i wouldn't worry if i were you.
What is a spam trap?
firespurity
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:46 PM
lol, not that. His alternative account. The Yahoo accounts are generally old accounts, but ymail and whatever else are newer.

Quoting Anonymous:

I believe it was no-reply@yahoo or something like that..

Quoting firespurity:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting firespurity:

areles
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:47 PM
i have a few fake accounts that i use when i have to provide a verifiable email address but don't want either the ensuing spam, or to have the shit associated with my real account.

i have one for this site, for instance.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting areles:

What is a spam trap?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)