Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you were ever molested, sexually abused, or raped.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 266 Replies
1 mom liked this

how did that affect you later in life? how do you feel about it now? 

I have no experience but i am asking because my friend revealed to me she was raped by a neighbor at 7 years old. She is now 24 and says she is over it. I can't imagine being over something like that, She also said it did not really affect her at all. Once again i can't imagine not being affected by something so horrible. I saw anger in her eyes when she was talking to me about it so i don't know if she doesn't want to tell me how she really feels. She is one of my closest friends so i do feel for her. 

I am just wondering how others dealt with something like that. It really got me thinking about it a lot. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:57 PM
2 moms liked this

I've always kinda pushed it into the back of my mind until recently.  I often wonder how my life would be different had I told someone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I was raped when I was 18. It sent me into what my doctor called catatonic (Sp?) depression. I ended up pregnant and kept my child however, I was barely able to get up to care for my child.
I was a virgin when I was raped and have been pretty much terrufied of sex ever since. I have trouble trusting guys and it took me 4 years before I would even go out with friends again.
I am still in therapy and still severly depressed. I dont think I will ever get over it, but I do think that eventually I will be able to live with it and become who I was supposed to become.
Just a little harder now because I have a young child who I love more than anytging to take care of.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
I was 10 when I got molested. I am 22 now and forgot about it. Of course at the time I was scared but never told my mom. It didn't really affect me. I guess because I didn't get raped.
mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
I was raped February 2012. It has given me really bad social anxiety.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Honestly it didn't affect too much of my life. And it was by an ex, during our relationship.
If anything it makes it harder to trust other men in my life. But the trust thing could be a lot from just my previous relationship in general.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:02 AM
2 moms liked this

You black it out. I'd say 9 times out of 10 that is the case. I don't think we ever get over things like that. Even if it happened at a young age. It happened to me when I was 12. I now live back in that same town with my husband and kids and he is not as familiar with the area (he grew up in another part of the state) so I was showing him around town in the car. He was driving down the side streets and shoing him all the little places from my childhood when we turned a corner and I realized where we were....where it had happened on my way home from school. I freaked out, had a full meltdown. It's not something I actively think about, and more than a decade later I think I've come to terms with it more than when I was younger. But it never leaves you. It never will. I think especially so few victims come forward about what happens, years later there is always that fear, where is he? Will I run into him (I have). Ever one is different but I feel that something like that sticks with you forever. We just may try to ingore it or not care, but it never leaves.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I recently remembered being molested. It does not affect me now but I cannot say that it didn't during my teen years. 

Ayla-bellesmom
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:03 AM

It has not affected me at all.

Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:03 AM
I was molested when I was five. He went to jail for two stinking years! Sick pos.
EAzizM
by Erica on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I was molested by a few people...I think it attributed to my promiscuity as a teenager but that is about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)