Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Meat Eaters VS Vegetarians

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 137 Replies

Okay, so I have been eating a vegetarian diet for a year now.

Why is it:

1. Meat eaters are offended that I don't eat meat?

2. I have to defend myself all the time?

I have no issue with people eating meat, hell my kids do and so does my hubby, but other people act offended that I don't eat meat.

DH's dad sent him a birthday gift:

It arrived today.

We are leaving to go spend 10 days with them on Sunday... his dad made it clear that he doesn't know what I will eat, because they are meat eaters. DH explained that I am more than willing to eat sides or prepare my own food. His dad acted like I was unreasonable.

This will be lovely.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:52 AM
3 moms liked this
I don't really care. Just don't call me a murderer or that I'm not supposed to eat meat or tell me I'm poisoning my body and we're OK. You eat your stuff and I eat mine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Agreed. I'm not a vegetarian but have lots of friends who are, and I've seen people give them the "mmmmmm I looooove bloody steak...am I making you mad??" and "omg what do you even eat???" routines countless times, even though they really don't care what other people eat. I've never heard them be preachy or lecture anyone, ever. 

NorseGodessMom
by ChaosLover on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:56 AM

what is that fraze... I eat cow, cow eats grass so I am a vegetarian or something stupid like that...oh I don't know

anyway Good for you I did not last a month! If you don't shit on my diet I will not shit on yours, deal?

Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:56 AM

You just have to grow a thick skin and do your thing. You can't stop him from being a jerk about it, unfortunately.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:58 AM
2 moms liked this
How do you know someone's a vegan/vegetarian?????

Don't worry, they'll be sure to tell you!!!!

Yeah you guys can be pretty annoying with the whole "I care so much for animalssss that I refusssse to eat them. I'm gods right hand man."
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Just as long as you don't lecture me about my choices I don't care what you eat.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't care. However if you don't want to eat meat then why is all of your food "meat flavored"? I was in Wal Mart the other day and ran across meatless Chicken. WTH is meatless chicken? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:02 AM

I don't usually eat that either, but DH has used it in dishes that he made for the whole family so that I could partake as well.

I try to eat less processed stuff and most of that stuff has a lot of processed stuff in it.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

I don't care. However if you don't want to eat meat then why is all of your food "meat flavored"? I was in Wal Mart the other day and ran across meatless Chicken. WTH is meatless chicken? 

AtiFreeFalls
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:03 AM
I grew up almost entirely without meat. I have vegetarian and vegan friends. I don't understand it either. For a while I thought it was funny to tease vegetarians about it, but I've always understood the choice. Not all vegetarians are hardcore animal rights activists.

I have one friend who posts stuff about how humans were never supposed to eat meat and I get a little peeved, but otherwise I don't care. In fact, about 3-4 days a week we don't eat any meat either, just because that's how I grew up.
waffa
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:06 AM
it's cool if you're a vegetarian, but far more non-meat eaters cause problems for those of us who do; maybe that is why he sent the t-shirt?
Quoting Anonymous:

Okay, so I have been eating a vegetarian diet for a year now.

Why is it:

1. Meat eaters are offended that I don't eat meat?

2. I have to defend myself all the time?

I have no issue with people eating meat, hell my kids do and so does my hubby, but other people act offended that I don't eat meat.

DH's dad sent him a birthday gift:

It arrived today.

We are leaving to go spend 10 days with them on Sunday... his dad made it clear that he doesn't know what I will eat, because they are meat eaters. DH explained that I am more than willing to eat sides or prepare my own food. His dad acted like I was unreasonable.

This will be lovely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beware! Thar be trolls in these here threads. wink

"English motherfucker, do you speak it?" ~Sam Jackson, my hero...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)