Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Now that the kids are out of school... How's everyone's summer going?

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:54 AM
  • 18 Replies
Mine had been very busy! Huge piles of laundry, cleaning, lots of cooking, play dates, lessons, camps, etc.

What do you wish to do during the summer?

I long for weeks of just lying on the beach, eating out, shopping, hanging out with friends... Seems like those are but a distant memory.

Tonight I thought of how the years had passed by so fast and pretty soon the children will be off to college and I don't know how I will ever handle that. Just thinking about it makes me sad.

So for now even if my days are filled with a long list of to do's, I will have a grateful heart and cherish each moment that we are together.
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:57 AM
It's been one long weekend. My dh hasn't worked in over 2 months, I'm a sahm and the kids have been out of school since the 7 th.

We have gone swimming, BBQ'd, and just hung out. I'm probably going to take them to the beach next week :)

All I wish for is to keep enjoying it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:57 AM

My kids are eating me out of house and home!

We are vacationing. I am a teacher so I have the summer off. I have mixed feelings because I love the time off, but wish my own kids still had the structure of school...

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Other than doctors appointments we're doing nothing over the Summer.  On purpose, everyone needs the down time!

nyxiemist
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:59 AM

Oh the fighting! When they aren't fighting, things are great. They really miss school. So much we had to go buy workbooks for the grades they will be in next year. We are moving very soon, so our days are mostly spent getting everything ready. We make sure to take time out everyday to do something with them. Even if it's helping them with the workbooks, listening to them read, watching a movie, or getting ice cream. They grow up way to fast. Makes me sad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:12 AM
We've been to VBS, enrolled and still playing ball games, had friends over, been to the park and plan on camping this week!
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:16 AM

My kids aren't out of school yet.

KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:19 AM
The last day of school for mine is Thursday.
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:29 AM
We're getting ready to go back right after 4th of July

My soon to be kindergartner did VBS, book club, and swimming.
mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:35 AM

grear attitude!!

Cozie_Sisika458
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:36 AM

We still have 3 more half days of school here. But we have been getting our summer on so far nicely. Cookouts and swimming, going to the playground and hiking along with biking. I love summer time. We will be fishing and going camping. Watching the fireworks every weekend. We usually have busy summers here, along with our lazy rainy days :) 

I'm a tattooed, free spirited, CIO, circumcision, delayed vax, pro-life, anti flu shot, hiking, beach bum, early potty training, snuggling, video gaming, art therapy, natural remedies, natural health, Jesus is my home boy, Artist, sarcastic mom!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)