Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Now that the kids are out of school... How's everyone's summer going?

Posted by   + Show Post
Mine had been very busy! Huge piles of laundry, cleaning, lots of cooking, play dates, lessons, camps, etc.

What do you wish to do during the summer?

I long for weeks of just lying on the beach, eating out, shopping, hanging out with friends... Seems like those are but a distant memory.

Tonight I thought of how the years had passed by so fast and pretty soon the children will be off to college and I don't know how I will ever handle that. Just thinking about it makes me sad.

So for now even if my days are filled with a long list of to do's, I will have a grateful heart and cherish each moment that we are together.
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Replies (11-18):
NNB
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:40 AM

Kids don't get out until the end of July here

mudwrap
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:10 AM
More laundry today, organized, brought kids to their activities... Decided not to add more activities and camps and limit our travels this summer. The posts here have me ideas that we can have fun just hanging out and going to the pool and the park.
deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:13 AM
My Ds is in a special school they don't get summer break. He goes half day all summer for therapy it really sucks.
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I am loving summer :) We have already done so much camping it is crazy!  Tons of amusement parks coming up too.  I am determined to keep them busy so they do not drive me insane lol

mudwrap
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Consider it a blessing! He gets to attend summer school and get therapy for free!

Quoting deadlights86:

My Ds is in a special school they don't get summer break. He goes half day all summer for therapy it really sucks.

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:46 AM
I wouldn't mind if I didn't have to get up at 6 am.

Quoting mudwrap:

Consider it a blessing! He gets to attend summer school and get therapy for free!

Quoting deadlights86:

BLsmommy0911
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:55 AM
My oldest (will be 4 in august) has a summer program. He just started prek back in April. He is on the autism spectrum and the people who evaluated him wanted to be sure he didn't lose the routine that went with school. I'm just happy my mother in law is here to help him in the morning (I usually stay up late and wake up around 9ish). My youngest however is only 2 so we mainly throw a ball back and forth or have mommy and me time while my oldest is in class.
mudwrap
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Signed them up for academic enrichment classes, dance, gymnastics, soccer, art, singing, piano and traveling to San Diego, LA and OC.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN