Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need help with grandma- a little tmi.. But please help!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
My grandma, who is 83, broke her hip recently and had a metal screw put in. She is recovering and had her first physiotherapy session yesterday. I took her and had to stay there with her, otherwise, she wouldn't have been comfortable.

The problem here is, she refuses to wear trousers so I couldn't put her in a tracksuit for the session and she went in a skirt. She has bladder issues and doesn't wear panties to save time when she goes to the loo.

During physio, the therapist has to move her legs up and down, open and close them and it's so awkward and weird with her going commando' how do I get her to wear panties or at least some tights or something without upsetting her? She's a little stubborn.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ROBIN-C
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:24 AM

Lol just ask the dr to drape a sheet ormtowelmover her during therapy

ROBIN-C
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:25 AM

Sheet or towel over her

horseap
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:29 AM

OHHH my good golly! LOL. clothes pin/safety pin her skirt closed for the time she is there?  IDK good luck with this!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Buy her a skort?  Snap a picture of  her indiscretion and threaten to post it on facebook? 

Get  Blinders for all of the people in the room and conspiciously pass them out?  

Buy her some undies and tell her she MUST wear them to her sessions?

Armygirl2299703
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:34 AM

I'd say they should drap a sheet over her legs.That is what one of my moms physical theraphist did for her when she was in extended care but not able to wear her own pj pants yet due to wound vacs on her lower legs.

jteffs
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:15 AM
Was se embarassed when you went? I'm surprised she needed you to 'feel comfortable' but didn't mind flashing the whole world.
CrossStitchMum
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:24 AM
Lol you see all sorts when dealing with the aged. The physios are probably used to such things but yeah I'd try anything to convince her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)