Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Damn people cant cooK!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Im sitting bored on tumbler looking at 'expectations/reality' in cooking. 

and all i keep thinking is 'it doesnt need to be on BROIL everytime you cook!!!!!

SERIOUSLY. cookies, cake, brownies, all come out looking like trash, because people think it needs to be on 450 or 500 for 20 minutes, instead of 300 for 40. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beco8627
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:16 AM
Weeeelll...okie doke then..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:17 AM

I had that problem for a loooooong time.  I had no patience, and why wouldn't it be done twice as fast if the temp was twice as high? 

I actually made brownies once that were not only inedible, but stuck to the pan to the point where I couldn't get them out and just threw the pan away instead.  grilled cheese and pancakes were beyond me because they both require low and slow, and paying attention to what's going on.  I was well into my adulthood before it clicked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:18 AM

Some people have no patience for cooking.  I'd rather cook for longer at a lower temp to get better results.

orngblsm
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:18 AM

I think people have gotten spoiled with microwave ovens.  They think that everything should cook in a few minutes, not understanding that good cooking takes TIME. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Here is one. 

If the person had let the cake cool first. made the frosting thicker, and took their time with it, it would have been MUCH better. 

BKozICan
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:23 AM

Agreed. Some things take finesse, like making crisp caramel corn or perfect pulled pork. Baking cookies from a mix is mindless and my nine-year-old can do it.

MamaDee83
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:25 AM

I'm alsp suspecting that some people maybe messed these things up on purpose so that they could use their pictures online for that threat/meme (expectations vs reality business) - I wouldn't put it past people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:30 AM

oooh if i make pulled pork or a shredded beef, or roast of any kind...it takes a good 12-15 hours. mmmmmmm

Quoting BKozICan:

Agreed. Some things take finesse, like making crisp caramel corn or perfect pulled pork. Baking cookies from a mix is mindless and my nine-year-old can do it.

shygurl3166
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:33 AM
My poor microwave rarely sees use. Poor thing lol

Quoting orngblsm:

I think people have gotten spoiled with microwave ovens.  They think that everything should cook in a few minutes, not understanding that good cooking takes TIME. 

TheDoctorsWife
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:37 AM
So what?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)