Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How upset would you be if your neighbor.... ETA..AGAIN.

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:16 AM
  • 140 Replies

Got a squirt gun and sprayed your dog with water if it barked at them through the fence?

What would you do? 

I'm seriously considering doing this.

Every morning at 6 am they let thier 5 yappy ass dogs outside. The come to our side of the fence and bark like there's a wild animal over there. Waking me, and my baby. I can't go outside without their dogs barking at me, cannot enjoy the new flowers I planted, or have a cup of coffee outside in the morning before it gets too hot. 

There are two families living next door, parents with their adult children. The parents always try to get the dogs into the house if they start barking. The adult children just leave them. 

Ugh.

ETA

This is a rental, so a new fence is out of the question. 

I AM nice to the neighbors. My old babysitter for my oldest is one of  the parent's daughters. We've talked. We let them use our guest network on our Wifi because the mother got a Kindle Fire for Christmas two years ago. The dad mows our front yard in return. We've gotten their mail for them while they were vacationing, I've brought over food while one of them was in the hospital.

I really don't want to call the police/animal control on them; the parents are so nice and actively try to handle the barking. It's the adult children that are there that really don't care.

I think I'm going to try one of Sonic bark things like what a few others have suggested. (THANK YOU!) Posting an Amazon link for the one suggested, for those who don't know what it is. I think $40 is okay to waste on one if it doesn't work. 

http://www.amazon.com/PetSafe-Outdoor-Ultrasonic-Bark-Deterrent/dp/B000UZNLGA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371562608&sr=8-1&keywords=PetSafe+Ultrasonic+Outdoor+Bark+Control

ETA AGAIN

One more thing. I've talked to them(both the parents and their adult children) about this multiple times. So has my DH.  The parents actively try to get the dogs inside when they start to bark. Their children do not. And have said things like, "Dogs bark. They like you. They just want to play."

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:17 AM
I dont think it would work. Get a new fence!
happysnappy
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I know exactly how you feel.  I yell at the dog to shut up.  I think the whole neighborhood hears me.  lol....

starlight91
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

yeah if you sprayed my dogs, that would be like you touching my kids, aint gonna happen.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM

If they are breaking no laws there is nothing you can do. have you tried to send them a nice letter?

Photo: -Randi.

Jade_Lufercus
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM

It's a rental, or else I'd have a giant privacy fence. XD

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont think it would work. Get a new fence!

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Lol, well, you could make a complaint.  Why do you think squirting them will shut them up?  They'll probably bark at the water.  Yea though, yappy dogs are the worst, especially at six a.m.!

With light and love

goatmom4
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:20 AM
5 moms liked this

set up a sprinkler   so  the water its them and then   you can claim you didnt     know it would hit the yappy dogs

TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Could you talk to them about it?
Hot_Badonkadonk
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:21 AM
4 moms liked this

I would be horrified that my dog is being so damn loud and make his ass come in the house.

My dog is like a kid to me too, but still.... I want my neighbors to have peace.  

LovelyMommy24
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:21 AM

They bark even though you're not out there?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)