Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Unforgiveness...

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:11 AM
  • 27 Replies
2 moms liked this

This is so true, when you forgive someone, it is not freeing for them it is freeing for you. They have probably already moved on from what they did and no longer care. And forgiving someone does not condone what they did, a lot of people think that, but it is not true.

God Loves You, And So, Do I !!!!!

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happysnappy
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:12 AM

100% agree

John 3:16 
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Yup, harboring resentment hurts no one but you

Beautiful31mom
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Quoting thenameshailie:

Yup, harboring resentment hurts no one but you

I honestly think a lot of women on this site need to hear this, some of these women harbor a lot of bitterness and resentment.

L202M
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I took what you said 2 weeks ago about husband bashing to heart and I have to say that it has made a huge difference...not only in my marriage but in my own mind also....and I can tell that he's happier too.

Thanks

starlight91
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:15 AM

100 % AGREE.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I will forgive a person for myself but they need to realize that even though I have forgiven them, does not mean that i want them in my life again. forgive and move on and sometimes that means not having toxic people in your life.

Beautiful31mom
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Quoting L202M:

I took what you said 2 weeks ago about husband bashing and I have to say that it has made a huge difference...not only in my marriage but in my own mind also....and I can tell that he's happier too.

Thanks

That made me smile, I am so glad things are going better :) You are very welcome!

lilymomof5
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:16 AM

i agree, but there are so many things I have gone through where they do not deserve my forgivness

BookGirl419
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:17 AM
I agree
ksueditz
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:19 AM

i'm struggling w/ this exact thing. my nephew's mother has not been a good mom, friend, sister etc. she's a recovering meth addict, and she neglected my nephew, used him as a pawn, and FINALLY has her head on somewhat straight. i'm struggling w/ forgiving her, b/c it's not really bothering her, it just makes ME crazy. our sermon sunday was about forgiveness, and i've been really letting it soak in and try to get myself to that point. :) thanks for the reminder. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)