Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bipolar is so hard!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies

I am having one of those deep, dark days that comes with bipolar and it's a bad one. My mind is racing. Just feeling useless and hopeless. I hate when it's like this.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kagegirl
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:02 PM
I wish i could help. SO is bipolar and on days like this i let him sleep. Love to you, momma..you will get through this
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I'm sorry. Are you on meds? One of the things my Dh does that helps him (He's BP type 2) is eat some dark chocolate and make sure to take a multi-vitamin each day. The vitamins do not stop the cycling, but it seems to help in the severity of the mood swing.

Bout-that-life
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:04 PM
I am bipolar as well. I also have anxiety and ADHD. I know exactly what you are going through. Feel free to message me if you would like to talk in private. :) hang tough!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Thank you.

Quoting kagegirl:

I wish i could help. SO is bipolar and on days like this i let him sleep. Love to you, momma..you will get through this

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I am on meds. Problem is I switched counselors and I only see the new one once a month. I feel lost without my weekly session. She always talked me through these.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

I'm sorry. Are you on meds? One of the things my Dh does that helps him (He's BP type 2) is eat some dark chocolate and make sure to take a multi-vitamin each day. The vitamins do not stop the cycling, but it seems to help in the severity of the mood swing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Thanks. I have anxiety too. I was with my therapist 3 years. I left because the med doctor was a quack. Now I am trying to see her without getting my meds from the doctor there.

Quoting Bout-that-life:

I am bipolar as well. I also have anxiety and ADHD. I know exactly what you are going through. Feel free to message me if you would like to talk in private. :) hang tough!

SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:11 PM

There are many mental health hotlines you can call. It doesn't have to be a suicidal emergency to call them either. Just search bipolar hotline or mental health hotline.

Some places has a 211 service. You can try that.

Here's a list of some hotline numbers.

http://www.womenshealth.gov/mental-health/hotlines/

Quoting Anonymous:

I am on meds. Problem is I switched counselors and I only see the new one once a month. I feel lost without my weekly session. She always talked me through these.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Bout-that-life
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Yeah def look around and find another, I mean if you're comfortable being on meds. I am. I will take my meds til the day I die. Ain't nobody want to be around when I'm not on my meds. Not good, not good at all. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks. I have anxiety too. I was with my therapist 3 years. I left because the med doctor was a quack. Now I am trying to see her without getting my meds from the doctor there.

Quoting Bout-that-life:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Me neither. I would rather go where I am for my meds. It is a hospital and they do labs and stuff all the time. But I miss my therapist. I text her all the time. I can't click with anyone else. She was my biggest supporter.

Quoting Bout-that-life:

Yeah def look around and find another, I mean if you're comfortable being on meds. I am. I will take my meds til the day I die. Ain't nobody want to be around when I'm not on my meds. Not good, not good at all. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Bout-that-life:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Thank you. I have been texting my old therapist and am trying very hard to get back with her. That's how awesome she is that I have her cell #. She has been with me through some hard times.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

There are many mental health hotlines you can call. It doesn't have to be a suicidal emergency to call them either. Just search bipolar hotline or mental health hotline.

Some places has a 211 service. You can try that.

Here's a list of some hotline numbers.

http://www.womenshealth.gov/mental-health/hotlines/

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured