Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

leaving baby alone while i do laundry?

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:52 PM
  • 452 Replies

Poll

Question: should the baby be left sleeping in her crib

Options:

this is fine with a monitor

use a carrier

wait till he gets home

NEVER LEAVE BABYS SIDE!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 376

View Results

So here's the deal... my fiancé says I need to bring my daughter with me when I do laundry. She is 6 months old. I am in an apartment and the laundry room is one floor down. I am gone for maybe 3 min tops. I lock the door when I leave the apt. So no one would get it. She is either napping or playing on her mat. I cannot bring her down and the laundry. Plus .. where would I put her while I load the washer? I am sorry but I can't just do everything one handed. What do you think? Is he crazy ? Or am I?

~~~EDIT! 

i bring a monitor with me!!!! My building is small. i do not leave the building. i do not find this any difference than going down stairs in your own home.... but i do hear ya!!! the play mat is not the best idea. i think the crib is perfectly safe. 

EDIT ~~~~~ TO ALL WHO ARE ASKING WHY I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL HE GETS HOME... I AM A SAHM I TRY TO GET HOUSE WORK DONE WHILE HE IS AT WORK. I LOVE MY DAUGHTER AND SHE IS SAFE! IF YOU NEVER LEAVE BABYS SIDE YOU ARE CRAZY! HOW DO YOU LIVE! I NEED TO DO WORK AROUND THE HOUSE. I TRY TO DO THIS WHILE SHE SLEEPS

STROLLER WILL NOT WORK. THERE IS NO ELEVATOR... TALK ABOUT A BUMPY RIDE 

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QuirkyMom26
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:54 PM
4 moms liked this

Anything can happen in a split SECOND. I mean seriously, ANYTHING. At 6 months I would definitely not chance that. Make it happen and take her with or wait until your husband is home and do your laundry then.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Don't leave her alone. ANYTHING can happen

sierramarie0402
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:00 PM
5 moms liked this
Should I take her in the bathroom when I do a number 2 as well...
QuirkyMom26
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Troll. No, but you can leave the door open so you can see what she's doing.

Are you really this dumb?

Quoting sierramarie0402:

Should I take her in the bathroom when I do a number 2 as well...

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:02 PM

It's your kid. I wouldn't leave mine alone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:02 PM
15 moms liked this

You could get a wrap/carrier and wear here while doing laundry so you have both hands free. 

macysmom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:02 PM
2 moms liked this
It is not hard to do laundry with a baby. Women do it every day. Put her in her car seat and the laundry in a duffle bag. Boom. You can do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyNCVE
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:02 PM
11 moms liked this
You don't take her in the shower or with you on the pot do you? I go to the basement all the time in my house. Same thing.
anitarichman
by Anita on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:03 PM
3 moms liked this

OMG!!!  Really do not do this anymore.  Anything can happen.  It happened to me when my dd was 11 months in her crib napping, I was in the basement loading the washer and my dog at the time came downstairs and started barking,  then started walking and barking by the stairs so thank god I followed him and at the bottom of the stairs I heard choking noises... I ran upstairs to my dd's room and there she was with a helium balloon cord wrapped around her neck!!!  It was next to her crib, she woke up and wanted to play with it and it got caught and started choking her,  I had to rip that cord off her neck.  Thank god for my dog and that it wasn't too late.  So DO NOT LEAVE HER ALONE FOR A FEW MINUTES TO DO THE LAUNDRY.....IT CAN WAIT.

catz4me02
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:03 PM
2 moms liked this
I would have her strapped to me in a sling or carrier
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN