Trying to hire a daycare provider and she acted like SHE was interviewing ME!-update
Update: I did find someone. Just letting the anons know- the ones who say OH NO I was treating the daycare provider like "hired help" and I'd never find anyone. Found someone that day. Anyway, it doesn't matter because I've decided my child need to remain with me. No my husband didn't "stand his ground"; ok well at least not successfully because he tried. My response was "over my dead body". Unless he kills me she's NOT going to daycare, at which point I will haunt him like one crazy mad mama
I just got off the phone with four different prospective (and independent) daycare providers. This will be the first time my LO is going to daycare. She has never been watched by anyone at all, so I'm nervous. Despite that, I'm open and trying to not be overly picky during the interviews.
I've just gotten off the phone with all of the providers and more than one of them acted like SHE was interviewing ME! REALLY?! It's been so long since I've actually had a child in daycare so I had no idea things would go this way, LOL! Is that how things go these days?
The questions were as follows:
1) What do you do for a living?
2) You're self employed? How much income do you make?
3) Do you work through a company or are you hired by individuals?
4) Are you subcontracted?
5) What does your husband do?
6) Where will you be living (I'm moving to a new town and she wanted to know what house I'm moving into and on what street).
7) What does "Life Coach" mean, and how does that work? Are you operating a suicide line?
8) What church do you go to or are you planning to go to?
9) Where are you from, originally?
I can't even remember the rest of the personal questions, all I remember is that I was on the phone for 45 minutes answering them until my husband had to come in and literally tell me that he feels the providers were too nosy for him to hire. I really felt odd answering these kinds of questions.
Have you ever had a prospective childcare provider act like she was interviewing YOU instead of vice versa? What on earth? Why were they doing this? By the way, I finally did find a more laid back childcare provider and I'm going to meet her soon. Our phone interview was a LOT different, and she didn't ask me any questions like this at all. Thank goodness. I know we're moving to a small town, but this is NUTS!!