Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Places children don't belong

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 515 Replies
11 moms liked this

Where are some places that you wouldn't take your kids?

My list:

1. A movie that is not rated G or PG

2. A wedding (unless they are specifically requested or it is family)

3. Showers (unless they are specifically requested)

4. Bars (Bar and Grills are okay during meal times)

5. Live Theatres or Symphony Shows (Unless it is a kids show and/or I KNOW they can handle it.)

What is on your list?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlleyCat08
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:11 PM
14 moms liked this

Dmv and welfare offices

*I am going to edit because it seems like I am being unreasonable about children not being in DMV and welfare offices*

I currently work in a DMV, 9 out of 10 times parents don't plan ahead for the trip... no activities or games, no snacks or a diaper bag if the child is small, and they child is generally tired and cranky. In the office I work at, without an appt, the wait will be from 10 minutes to several hours depending on the day. Customers could be taking a test, filling out what seems like endless forms or an employee or manager will be calling to clear up a problem with a record. A child that is bored tends to run around and in some instances screams in the process. The parent or parents continue to allow this behavior with no general regard to others. 

This does disturb others and the employess, not to mention it is a hazard. In general, a child running around can slip or fall, or someone will trip on the child or step on them. I have seen both. It is not my responsibility to watch another person's child. If more than one adult comes in, they can take turns taking the child outside, or playing with the child. If you have a friend or family member, they can watch the child. If your child can sit quietly, great.. I applaud you, and say fantastic.

Now, for the flip side, I have children, I was also a single parent before being married. I have had to take my son or my stepchildren places with me... DMV, social security, the county records office and I took my son to medical. I always went prepared in I could not have someone watch them or if my husband was working. When my ds was alive, he was in and out of the hospital, I always had a bag by my door full of toys, some snacks or snacks in the fridge and extra water. He went almost everywhere, and even at 2, could sit quietly. If he wanted to walk around, I would hold his hand, and we walked. Not a big deal, if we were in line, I asked the person behind me if they minded, if they said yes, I would leave and come back another day. My stepchildren spend the day with me in the county clerks office when I got my marriage cert, and then went with me to social security. Not a big deal. I had them bring their books, and their Nintendos.

I don't think my answer was all that unreasonable.

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:11 PM
8 moms liked this

Fancy restaurants.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Yea, those are not places for kids... I agree.

Quoting AlleyCat08:

Dmv and the welfare offices

big.city.mama
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:12 PM
3 moms liked this
LMAO

Quoting AlleyCat08:

Dmv and the welfare offices

xoxRachelxox
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:12 PM
7 moms liked this

Court

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Very true.

The fanciest places my kids go are Red Lobster or The Outback....

Quoting wkukid:

Fancy restaurants.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting xoxRachelxox:

Court

I have never had to spend a lot of time in court, but I totally agree with this as well!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:15 PM
18 moms liked this

Doctor, during your papsmear.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:15 PM
2 moms liked this

The bank when applying for a loan etc. If I am just depositing a check, sure, but if I am applying for a mortgage, no.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:15 PM
143 moms liked this

My children belong everywhere. LOL! If you never take children out they will never learn how to behave in all these different places.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)