Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I cringe

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When people use blankets, towels, sheets etc. as curtains. Petty? Maybe. Judgmental? Definitely. BUT...it's true. I would be perfectly comfortable never associating with the kind of person who thinks it's acceptable.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Replies (11-20):
michiganmom5150
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:39 PM
I have put a blanket over my rod to block out light if I have to sleep during the day, but I always had curtains. Even if they are handmaid.
NoSammich4You
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:41 PM
I don't know if I want to completely redecorate her room with a new color scheme or go with what I have.

I'm thinking I like purple more than pink...

And to top it off were moving in a month so I'm torn. I do t want to screw in curtain rods only to repair them. I'm a mess!!

What drives me nuts is when people hang up mickey mouse sheets/ blankets and you can see them from the outside! Lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Make a decision lady. ;)

Quoting NoSammich4You:

Lol. I kind of agree...

However, we have a blanket over dds blinds right now too help keep out the heat from the sun. I've been curtain shopping for a couple months and I'm too indecisive.

HeartStrings222
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I know what you mean:) I hate seeing that even when I know it's temporary. My BFF bought a brand new house and had sheets in all the windows until she could have the company come out and measure everything for custom blinds.  It killed me everytime I pulled up at her house.

CarolinaGirl88
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Lol in our old house we needed a curtain for the living room. Before we got it though, we made do with a poncho liner - if you don't know it's an Army camo patterned blanket, very warm but not very pretty. It was duct taped to the wall.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:47 PM
I did that once but the sun was making me mad and I hadn't gotten curtains yet.
shygurl3166
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:48 PM
2 moms liked this
What a stupid thing to judge someone for. Smh
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I have a blanket in my living room as a curtain. I'm pretty sure no one has even noticed. Lol. It's a dark burgandy throw that matches my living room and it's on the window behind my giant TV. It looks like a curtain from here. Lol. Oh well!

VannaMae307
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I cringe at that too but I wouldn't go as far as saying I wouldn't associate with them because of it

mamabearjkda
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:53 PM

And I would rather not associate with someone so judgemental and petty as you..

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I don't care for it but it wouldn't stop me from associating with someone who does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)