Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cringe

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When people use blankets, towels, sheets etc. as curtains. Petty? Maybe. Judgmental? Definitely.'s true. I would be perfectly comfortable never associating with the kind of person who thinks it's acceptable.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Replies (11-20):
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:39 PM
I have put a blanket over my rod to block out light if I have to sleep during the day, but I always had curtains. Even if they are handmaid.
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:41 PM
I don't know if I want to completely redecorate her room with a new color scheme or go with what I have.

I'm thinking I like purple more than pink...

And to top it off were moving in a month so I'm torn. I do t want to screw in curtain rods only to repair them. I'm a mess!!

What drives me nuts is when people hang up mickey mouse sheets/ blankets and you can see them from the outside! Lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Make a decision lady. ;)

Quoting NoSammich4You:

Lol. I kind of agree...

However, we have a blanket over dds blinds right now too help keep out the heat from the sun. I've been curtain shopping for a couple months and I'm too indecisive.

by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I know what you mean:) I hate seeing that even when I know it's temporary. My BFF bought a brand new house and had sheets in all the windows until she could have the company come out and measure everything for custom blinds.  It killed me everytime I pulled up at her house.

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Lol in our old house we needed a curtain for the living room. Before we got it though, we made do with a poncho liner - if you don't know it's an Army camo patterned blanket, very warm but not very pretty. It was duct taped to the wall.
by Meanie Pants on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:47 PM
I did that once but the sun was making me mad and I hadn't gotten curtains yet.
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:48 PM
2 moms liked this
What a stupid thing to judge someone for. Smh
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I have a blanket in my living room as a curtain. I'm pretty sure no one has even noticed. Lol. It's a dark burgandy throw that matches my living room and it's on the window behind my giant TV. It looks like a curtain from here. Lol. Oh well!

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I cringe at that too but I wouldn't go as far as saying I wouldn't associate with them because of it

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:53 PM

And I would rather not associate with someone so judgemental and petty as you..

by FriendoftheFoot on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I don't care for it but it wouldn't stop me from associating with someone who does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN