Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I cringe

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When people use blankets, towels, sheets etc. as curtains. Petty? Maybe. Judgmental? Definitely. BUT...it's true. I would be perfectly comfortable never associating with the kind of person who thinks it's acceptable.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Replies (21-30):
rosie211
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:55 PM

You would hate me then. 

I have blankets over the blinds/window covering in the whole front side of my house. One reason is that my husband needs the bedroom to be dark so he can sleep (he's on night shift). Second, the sun hits the front of house in the afternoon and my air conditioner is not large enough to keep up. We paid too many 400 dollar electric bills to not have blankets up at this point.

I do want to invest in some of those curtains that keep the heat out, but I have no idea which ones are good and which are crap. So blankets it is!

But, I do agree with you, when people use them as actual curtains, I do get a bit judgemental. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Thank you for keeping your distance then.

Quoting mamabearjkda:

And I would rather not associate with someone so judgemental and petty as you..

LilliesValley
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I don't think it's ok pers ay, but we do have some up in dd room, because her curtains aren't thick enough to block out the sunlight. We are in Indiana and since we went to daylights savings this has been an issue. We don't have the funds for black out shades in her room so, eh, if you don't want to associate with me, that's ok. When I have the money I'll replace them but for now it's what works.

mamabearjkda
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:03 PM
2 moms liked this

No problem, always happy to keep my distance from judgemental petty bitches such as yourself.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you for keeping your distance then.

Quoting mamabearjkda:

And I would rather not associate with someone so judgemental and petty as you..

danijean
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:05 PM
I cringe but would still hang out with them. We have curtains in everyroom besides the living room right now we can't decide which color to het. But in our room was was thinking ofhanging a blanket behind the curtains but in front of the blinds to keep that pesky sun out. You wouldn't even be able to see them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PhoenixV
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I don't care if they do or not. I'd just rather not be able to see in the windows..

Its best to have failure happen early in life. It wakes up the Phoenix bird in you so you rise from the ashes. - Anne Baxter

IFartGlitter
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Eh. I used a blanket over our front window last winter because it bled heat something terrible. 

AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:07 PM

How...dumb.

smileydawn
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Lol. Why do people butcher this word so bad?! It's per se. Not bashing just informing.

Quoting LilliesValley:

I don't think it's ok pers ay, but we do have some up in dd room, because her curtains aren't thick enough to block out the sunlight. We are in Indiana and since we went to daylights savings this has been an issue. We don't have the funds for black out shades in her room so, eh, if you don't want to associate with me, that's ok. When I have the money I'll replace them but for now it's what works.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Yeah, it's stupid.  However, I can understand if you take a black sheet or something over the window.  If you work overnights it can get hard to fall asleep during the day when the sun is shining in your face, even with your blinds closed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)