Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I cringe

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When people use blankets, towels, sheets etc. as curtains. Petty? Maybe. Judgmental? Definitely. BUT...it's true. I would be perfectly comfortable never associating with the kind of person who thinks it's acceptable.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Replies (31-40):
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:08 PM

When my husband and I bought our first place, and were broke as a joke, I made some fabulous curtains with clearance fabric, velcro, and a stapler.  The daughter of a friend has them in her new home now. lol

bethgoedeken
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:08 PM

What if its a cute print on the sheet, haven't you ever seen the ideas on Pinterest?

stykir
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:09 PM

i used to do that when my son was a baby. his room was tiny and had a huge window. the sun would blaze in it every afternoon and all the rest of the day, so i hung blankets over it to block light and heat. otherwise, i think it looks funny too. 

lalaboosh
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM
What if they were repurposed with the help of a sewing machine? I honestly don't care how people decorate.
Lalalie
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Eh. We have done it before to keep light out, over the blinds so whatever. It works.

LilliesValley
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:16 PM

I didn't even notice. My bad. I'm usually pretty good, but I goofed. Thanks for letting me know. Mental note made.

Quoting smileydawn:

Lol. Why do people butcher this word so bad?! It's per se. Not bashing just informing.

Quoting LilliesValley:

I don't think it's ok pers ay, but we do have some up in dd room, because her curtains aren't thick enough to block out the sunlight. We are in Indiana and since we went to daylights savings this has been an issue. We don't have the funds for black out shades in her room so, eh, if you don't want to associate with me, that's ok. When I have the money I'll replace them but for now it's what works.

JustBreath2013
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Me too! I automatically think ghetto or white trash.... I am with you on avoiding people who do....
MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:26 PM

This ain't no shanty town!  Hang some curtains. 

I see and get your point, OP. 

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I have made curtains out of sheets before for my daughters room. My grandma used to do it too. We have put blankets over windows too to keep cool air out

UpSheRises
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I don't care how the fabric someone uses to cover their windows is constructed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)