Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I cringe

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When people use blankets, towels, sheets etc. as curtains. Petty? Maybe. Judgmental? Definitely. BUT...it's true. I would be perfectly comfortable never associating with the kind of person who thinks it's acceptable.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:27 PM

My kids play with a little boy who lives across the street, and his mom has a sheet in the front window as a curtain. Then again, she's not exactly the epitome of class so it's really not hard to believe.

onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:28 PM

LOL. That's pretty random.

autodidact
by Snarknado on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:28 PM

my bff made adorable curtains for her daughter's room from pastel paisley sheets she'd had for years. 

dfournier0922
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:28 PM
I've put a blanket over the window to block those stupid highway lights out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CjEmmemommy
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Haha, silly I know but  I feel the same way.. When I talk about HOA and how I like having one that is my first example.. " Well I am glad to have the HOA, I pay to much to look at a teal blanket hanging in someones window as a curtain!"

hunnybunny2001
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Lol =)
Cymbeline
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I've never seen them used in that way, in person, anyway.

cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:31 PM
That's why I use tin foil.
rphardwick
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I think these kinds of things are petty. Weather they care about curtains or not has nothing to do with what type of person they are. The fact that you wouldn't associate with them because they don't care about curtains however speaks volumes about what type of person you are.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Yep!! I totally getcha!! My dh and his circle of friends in Toronto called people like that "dirty curtains." Basically in apartment buildings they were the ones with questionable plants growing on balconies, unattended toddlers running around in nothing but diapers with preschool-second grade older siblings running after them barefoot in underpants.

Or in single-family residentials the ones with yards full of crap and the pd called every week at one point for noise, etc

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)