Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a Gay Christian who's married to a man

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 329 Replies
6 moms liked this
Since this is mom confessions (not drama bashing and bitching over personal differences and lifestyles) I figured I'd make a true confessions post.
I'm a Christian who's been happily married to a man for 13 years. We have 2 kids. I love dh with all of my heart and could never actually be with a woman but I'm physically attracted to them. He knows I find women attractive (its something we discussed while dating) and he knows that whole I love him and and happy being married to him I am not sexually attracted to him. It doesn't get in the way of our sex life, or anything else for that matter.
Now, onto the controversial part... As a Christian I don't believe that BEING gay is a sin. I do however believe that ACTING on those feelings is...(having sex with another woman). I cannot control who I am attracted to. But I can control how I react to those feelings.
The reason i consider myself gay even though I've never been with a woman is bc I'm sexually attracted to the female body...not a man's.
This isn't an "ask me anything" post. However, I dont mind answering questions.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:06 PM
8 moms liked this

You sound more bi-curious and not actually gay.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a Christian that supports gay marriage and marriage equality in general for all.  Would you consider me a bad fellow Christian? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:08 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't how people bow to the labels, and label them selves. You are more than a "Gay Christian" :) There is nothing wrong with who you are, and it sounds like you know who you are and a comfortable in your skin. hugs momma
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:08 PM

do you judge gay women/men who "act on" their feelings?

do you tell them they're going to hell(my 'christian' neighbor does this)?

SKM1119
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:08 PM

So, you are in love with your husband, but attracted to women?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:09 PM
I'm not attracted to men at all. I know if I were to ever be with a woman it would be amazing. I just cannot act on my impulses.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Agreed with the PP-you sound more bi-curious than gay. I'm attracted to some women, but I wouldn't say I'm gay or bisexual since I've never been with a woman.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I have no judgment for other people that do not concern me. For myself, I do not support marriage equality. I consider homosexual sex a sin...which is why I am married to a man.
I know it sounds confusing. In trying to explain it the best I can.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a Christian that supports gay marriage and marriage equality in general for all.  Would you consider me a bad fellow Christian? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:11 PM
2 moms liked this

You don't KNOW unless you've been with a woman. sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not attracted to men at all. I know if I were to ever be with a woman it would be amazing. I just cannot act on my impulses.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)