Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your SIL with the weird diet is coming to dinner...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 155 Replies

Your _________________ SIL is coming to dinner. Do you go out of your way to prepare foods she will like?

1. Vegetarian

2. Vegan

3. Gluten free

4. Clean eating

5. Paleo diet

The only reason I ask is because my DH asked his mother if she would have vegetarian friendly foods at a recent get together. She said she would go out of her way to make sure I had some good selections. She heated up an individual vegetable Stauffer's lasagna and was so proud of herself.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I would go out of my way to make selections that would accomodate her food choices.

lovemyfriend
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:39 PM
I would. I'm a vegetarian and I don't expect it, but I do appreciate it when it is done for my family.
zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:40 PM

That's really nice of her! I usually offer to bring my own foods-even to my own parents house. And I have done that before-brought veggie hotdogs and such. I would never expect anyone too, but it is thoughtful that they do.

JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I absolutely would make sure to either prepare or provide something 

lindilouwho82
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:41 PM
I try to have a variety of foods that cater to dietary needs of my guests. I gluten free, diary allergy, tree nut allergy and vegetarian friends and family.

LilliesValley
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:41 PM
3 moms liked this

No. If you're coming to my house you eat what I make. If I go to your house I'll eat what you make. The only exception would be a food allergy. Then I'd try my best.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:41 PM

i would make stuff that everyone could eat so no one feels left out

Ive had to do that a few times actually, i had a birthday dinner consist of gluten free pastas, vegetarian dishes and steak

DarksMama
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:41 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't see a problem having at least one filling dish that would accomodate. If they expect a 4 course meal though...NO.

And if they think everyone else should be eating the same, and deprived of foods they like, also...NO.

liss.n.chris
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:42 PM
I'd try, but some diets are very specific and I don't know all the rules people have to follow. If they gave me some guidance beforehand I would, but if I'm flying blind, I can't guarantee they'll be happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)