Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She wants me to bring WHAT?! to her 9 year old's birthday party?!

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:39 PM
  • 100 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Should I?

Options:

Supply guns, hide them around the park and make it a free-for-all, and let them keep the guns as favors.

Have them bring their own guns, put them on a table, and rent an inflaitable bouncy house thing.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 194

View Results

So we rented out the public pool for a few hours for DD's party. It will just be us and the party guests.   We are inviting all of our friends and their kids. So, lots of boys and girls (but probably more boys than girls) anywhere from ages 2 to 11-12.  But there will be only one 2 year old. 

So anyway, we are going to have it all at the pool. We're going to do a big picnic dinner thing with pizza and fried chicken and cake, etc. 

Well, I thought it would be fun to have a massive water gun fight too.  I'm going to hide about 20 water guns around the park and then give DD a gigantic super soaker. And let them go at it.  

OR, I could ask everyone to bring their own water guns... and spend the money to rent one of those inflaitable things. I think this might be more fun! 

Would YOU bring water guns to a birthday party if someone requested that you did? 

Also, do you think this sounds like a fun idea for DD?

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kappalopokis
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Anyone?

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I don't own any water guns, so I wouldn't have any to bring. It all sounds fun though. :)

JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:53 PM
7 moms liked this

If asked, I would bring a water gun.

Maybe you can provide them and consider it the party favor and kill two birds with one stone.

evelynolivesmom
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Absolutely, they're a buck

WheelerWife
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:55 PM

If I remembered I would definitely bring water guns to a party. That sounds like a ton of fun!!

kappalopokis
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Okay, so you're leaning more towards me buying the guns, and NO inflaitable?

Quoting JulyBabies:

If asked, I would bring a water gun.

Maybe you can provide them and consider it the party favor and kill two birds with one stone.

buttercup627
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun I'd bring a watergun if asked :) maybe an extra one or two because I know there's always someone who will forget
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:56 PM
7 moms liked this

You're throwing the party. If something is needed for the activities it should be purchased by you imo.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:56 PM
2 moms liked this

yes but that is because we just bought the kids all new water guns this summer...However if we didn't have any I would not run out and buy one just for my kid to take to a party

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this
No i wouldnt sorry.

But when im invited to a party i except the good and things to already be in place.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN