Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those who think you should never leave your baby's side

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 113 Replies
At what age do you feel it is appropriate to leave them alone asleep or just playing in a different room?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Anyone?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:55 PM
6 moms liked this
There is a difference between leaving them in a different room to sleep and leaving them in a different house on a different floor to go do laundry
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Perhaps. But many made it clear that leaving them alone in their rooms is abandonment and/or endangerment.

What about leaving them on a different floor in a large house?

Quoting Anonymous:

There is a difference between leaving them in a different room to sleep and leaving them in a different house on a different floor to go do laundry

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Never had to do it but I had a portable Moses basket as well as bassinets in our house when my kids were babies

Quoting Anonymous:

Perhaps. But many made it clear that leaving them alone in their rooms is abandonment and/or endangerment.

Quoting Anonymous:

sarah824
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:02 PM

My kids were 2 or 3 when they started playing upstairs in their own rooms. Once they could get up and down the stairs themselves then I was ok with them being up there playing. Or, I would leave them playing in the living room while I cleaned upstairs. I have also left them at that age, maybe even younger, so that I could walk across the street and grab the mail.

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:03 PM
To go to the bathroom sure.

But if you have to go to the basement to do wash then the baby should be with you.

My dd is five and when i was living with my mom, she was forced to either come down with me or sit on the steps while i did laundry
3kidz123
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:04 PM

When they can walk they can go to another room. lol

Seriously though I have left my kids while they were sleeping and went in another room...if it's not ear shot there is either someone who is ear shot or a moniter, but that's normally only at night once they start getting put down in a crib because during the day I baby wear :)

honeyrder
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Birth.

3kidz123
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Oh and during the day time they don't go any where in the house where mommy/daddy can't see or hear them at all times! My oldest is 6 and that is still a rule for him.

furbabymum
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:09 PM

I have left my DD inside asleep while I have gone out to take care of our poultry. I have acreage so to most people that'd be like walking 1/2 a block away from your child.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)