Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I get a knock on my door today (cps related) edited to change font color

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:56 PM
  • 23 Replies

from my neighboors little boy. He wants to come play with my son who is twice his age. this isn't the first time that it has happened. It happens nearly every day. I moved in this apartment in Febuaray. Since then I have seen him during the day as late as 9 pm playing outside. Alone. Completely alone. They recently had their lights turned off. I know this because they were using the outside outlet by my house to charge their phones. I kept unplugging it because they aren't going to run my bill up high. it was off for 5 days. Their son is so sweet. And he is super nice and has very good manners. I asked him today exactly how old his is. He held up four fingers, I knew he wasn't school age yet by physical features. I was guessing between 3 and 5. He is unsupervised outside in the apartments all the time. I don't even let my 5 year old outside for a minute by herself. I just don't know what to do. We told the office about their lights be turned off and they gave them a notice to turn the lights off by the end of the next day or they were going to be evicted. I have also told them about the little boy not being supervised. it is really messed up because we live off a main  road. The speed limit on the street we live off is 45 miles per hour. I'm talking we are close. 30 feet away. Since I have lived here I have personally seen 6 automobile wrecks. I have called 911 for each wreck. It wasn't to be nosy but because I witnessed the wrecks. I just don't know anything about the people there. Nothing more than they have an infant, a toddler and their address. CPS in my state requires names, ages/birthdays and addresses in order to take your claim. I'm so torn:(

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:57 PM
4 moms liked this

it hurts to read pink letters!bad

2nthensome
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Call.  I'd rather see a child taken care of and make a stink with the parents than have one be neglected.

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Thought for cps, you only need an address???

Never heard of having names ad birthdays or ages
kai44

Maybe you should just call the police and tell them whats going on and have them make a claim to CPS?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM

I had a similar post a week or so ago I called all I can do is report they can either look into it or not they have to find cause to remove so if they aren't in the wrong then the parents have nothing to worry about but at least I know if soemthing happens to the child I didn't hold my tongue and hope for the best

xoxRachelxox

Can the landlords call cps? I know they can't give you their names but they could call themselves and give the info. 

Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Why don't you ask the family if they need some help? Maybe get them in touch with some aid or something to help them out financially. Or just let them know you are concerned about the childs safety. Why do you immediately call CPS? Are you just trying to get them in trouble?  How about a helping hand instead of kicking them while they're down.

hburnette3
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I highlight them as I read.  It makes them be white letters with a blue background.  Much easier to read. simple smile

Quoting Anonymous:

smalltownmom03
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:03 PM

CPS in my state requires names, ages/birthdays and addresses in order to take your claim.  Ask the boy his name age and birthday. Figure out which apartment they are in and you will have all of the information the say they need to take your claim

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Duh didnt think of that! Thanks girl!

Quoting hburnette3:

I highlight them as I read.  It makes them be white letters with a blue background.  Much easier to read. simple smile

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured