Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

im teaching my 4 year old.......edited.

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:08 PM
  • 31 Replies
How to ride a bike tomorrow. Without his stabilizers. Does anybody have any tips? Much thanks.
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
candyrow
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Bumpy
candyrow
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Mr bump.
kaiser10123
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Mobile Photo

Here's my LO riding for the first time. We were on a slight hill so he could get use to rolling on his own. I held the back of his seat and guided his feet on the pedals then gave him a push. Grass areas are good just in case he falls.
candyrow
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:22 PM
I forgot to add (without his stabilizers). And yes good thinking about the grass too.

Quoting kaiser10123:

Mobile Photo

Here's my LO riding for the first time. We were on a slight hill so he could get use to rolling on his own. I held the back of his seat and guided his feet on the pedals then gave him a push. Grass areas are good just in case he falls.
ProudMommaBear
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:23 PM

no idea. my dd is 6months and I didnt learn how to ride a bike w/o training wheels till I was 6 or 7 I believe.

WhySoSalty
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Hehe stabilizers.. Just hold the seat and DONT BE THAT MOM THAT LETS GO!
candyrow
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Hey, I forgot to add that someone posted on here about flip flops and bikes. It was cringeworthy.

Quoting kaiser10123:

Mobile Photo

candyrow
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Don't let go?

Quoting WhySoSalty:

Hehe stabilizers.. Just hold the seat and DONT BE THAT MOM THAT LETS GO!
kaiser10123
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol he's 4 and it was his first time so hey. But, he wears regular shoes when he rides.

Quoting candyrow:

Hey, I forgot to add that someone posted on here about flip flops and bikes. It was cringeworthy.

Quoting kaiser10123:

Mobile Photo

Corina1987
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:29 PM
I would make sure to have knee pads,helmet,etc. Run alongside holding him stable and let him pedal fast before you let go. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)