Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Disgusting behaviour on public transport - if this was your daughter

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

http://www.news.com.au/national-news/two-feral-teens-filmed-physically-and-verbally-assaulting-a-man-on-a-packed-rush-hour-train/story-fncynjr2-1226665951514

I don't know how to make it clicky - but in Melbourne, Australia two teenage girls were on a train and had their feet up on a back to front four seater. A man hops onto the train and asks them politely to move their legs. The girls roll their eyes and refuse to move their legs. The man goes to sit down anyway (in the proceeds moving their legs gently off the seat - Public transport rules in Australia generally are that if you have your feet on the seats (which is against the law) someone can't get in trouble for moving them or moving bags that are NOT allowed on the seat). Within a few minutes this teenage girl throws her energy drink in the mans face before throwing the entire can/bottle at the mans face causing a cut in his face. This is when the video starts - She then starts swearing at the man telling him that if he dares to touch her again she will "f******g kill him and kill everything he f******g loves" before telling her friend 'come on, lets get away from this freak'. The friend throws her slushy in his face before hurling some more abuse at the man before they leave the carriage. Passangers then tend to the man and somebody alerts the driver who has them thrown off the train.

Unknown to the driver the girls sneak back ONTO the train in a different carriage and procceed to abuse different passengers. They get off at a station where they are promptly arressted and proceed to abuse and assualt the officer arresting them.

So what would your punishment be? People are talking banning them for life from public transport, people are saying that the video should be reposted WITH their faces shown to make them feel the shame that this poor man felt. He says that he knew he couldn't respond to the situation at all except sit there and take it because regardless of video evidence who would they believe? A 'scary' man or two young teenage girls who claimed he "touched" them even though rules, witnesses and train camera's say otherwise?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:15 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I would be a failure as a mother if my dd ended up like that.
KME3
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Those bitches are lucky I wasn't on that bus...shit... I can't even imagine my children doing that...
ashybaby87
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:22 PM
If my daughter behaved liked that I don't know how I would react. I would be shocked and disappointed to say the least. I feel bad for the man and hopefully they give the girls a suitable punishment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Quoting KME3:

Those bitches are lucky I wasn't on that bus...shit... I can't even imagine my children doing that...

See - that's the thing though - as a woman - you could have done something. I find it sad that a man would have to "let" a woman deal with it out of fear that HE'D be accused of flaming the situation and then nobody would care about what the girls had done. I understand WHY people feel that men can be dangerous - but gosh, this video seems to prove how much women take advantage of that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I would be a failure as a mother if my dd ended up like that.

I don't think I'd be able to LOOK at my daughter if she did that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Quoting ashybaby87:

If my daughter behaved liked that I don't know how I would react. I would be shocked and disappointed to say the least. I feel bad for the man and hopefully they give the girls a suitable punishment.

Personally I DON'T think they should be banned for life. I don't think a 40yo self needs to pay for a 16yo self. But they do need to be punished. It's finding a punishment that would deter the girls from future crime that's apparently proving difficult

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Not that I'm aware of. And it wasn't 'feral' teens when I clicked on the link early this morning. (it's like 1.30pm in aus) But something tells me if they were homeless all the TV talk shows would have been talking about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

The title says "feral" teens..... were they homeless?

cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Sad story. I commend the man for how he acted. If it were my daughter......well we won't talk about that. I'd deal with it though.
Trisha234
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:36 PM
That is appalling! My DDs better not behave that way. Ever.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)