Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She Lies About Kosher Meals

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

Her MIL and FIL are Jewish and only eat Kosher meals. MIL was teaching her to cook, so exfriend decided to show them her new skills and make them a lasagna. Everyone loved it, it was kosher and everything was fine. But then she admitted to me after a couple weeks she got tired of using kosher ingredients and decided to throw in non-kosher items to make it easier, and they didn't notice a difference. So she's continued using non-kosher ingredients all together and just tell them its kosher. She's also anti-religion but humors them and goes to temple with them, prays with them, and celebrates all their jewish holidays, only to mock them later and bash the belief in an "God".

That is just disgusting. Not the food. But her attitude and disregard for their beliefs. This family took her in as their own and loves her, and she sabatoges their meals and mocks their religion. Thats just two-faced if you ask me.

I'm not friends with her anymore for other reasons, but this is just one example of her vile behavior.

Vent over.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jadsmummy
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:31 PM
That is so wrong!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:31 PM

BUMP IT UP

villagemamma
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Wow thats pretty messed up

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Wow that's mean
gemikris82
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

i used to work at a chucky cheese place.  we had a lot of jewish customers.  we make our own pizza but if they want a kosher pie, we order it from a koshered pizza place.  we had two parties at the same time, and the pizzas got mixed up.  when i was doing the bill, i slipped and told the jewish lady that her pie wasnt koshered. omg she flipped.  she called my manager and she asked him do you know what happens if we dont eat kosher? and his response was do i look friggen jewish (hes from el salvador, looks like ricky riccardo).  omg i was mortified

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Oy vey!!!!

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Yeah, that is not cool. I would never disrespect anyone in that way. It doesn't matter if they noticed or not. 

paganmommy4
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:37 PM

you shouldnt disrepect someone like that. they must have kosher and there are reasons why. I'd tell them whats going on.

ElizabethGracie
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Yeah,that's really wrong....I had a friend who was a vegetarian and her ex's mom used to try to sneak meat in her food.My friend tried explaining that she really believed in being a vegetarian because of the treatment of animals,plus she explained that because she literally had not eaten meat since she was 5 (she was 23) her body would most likely have an adverse reaction to it. The mom didn't care. She just kept putting meat in dishes and then was all snotty when my friend wouldn't eat something because it had meat in it.

Even if I don't agree with someone's beliefs,I still respect them.

CafeMom Tickers
dalbax2
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I know I am going to get called out on this but.....what are the consequences if they don't eat kosher?  I am not familiar w/ their religion so I honestly don't know.

Quoting gemikris82:

i used to work at a chucky cheese place.  we had a lot of jewish customers.  we make our own pizza but if they want a kosher pie, we order it from a koshered pizza place.  we had two parties at the same time, and the pizzas got mixed up.  when i was doing the bill, i slipped and told the jewish lady that her pie wasnt koshered. omg she flipped.  she called my manager and she asked him do you know what happens if we dont eat kosher? and his response was do i look friggen jewish (hes from el salvador, looks like ricky riccardo).  omg i was mortified

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN