Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

OMG I just saw circumcision video

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 102 Replies
okay I know this is beating a dead horse but oh my lord. I never knew it was that horrific. How do you feel about the subject? I'm pregnant right now with a boy and my husband wants to and now I'm not sure if I do after watching that video. We also have a2 year old adopted son that is not that my husband wants to get done. I think he's too old for that now. Please give me your honest opinions as I really don't know. I just know the video is very scary.

Update. . Thank you all for your opinions I didn't know this was such a heated topic. I just really started to look into it. I'm going to make my hubby watch and research. I'll let ya know what he says.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Anyone?
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

It's as horrific as the video shows. I had the unfortunate incident of being in the same room as a little boy (not mine) getting it done. The ear piercing scream will always live with me. There's not much that makes me cry, but that did.

My son (and husband) are both intact.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:18 PM
What are the pros cons? Especially our two yr old. He did get an infection once but it wasn't bad. My DH really wants to get his done.... I think he is too old. And the baby boy in me.. I just don't think I can now. Dh is and thinks his sons should be too

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

It's as horrific as the video shows. I had the unfortunate incident of being in the same room as a little boy (not mine) getting it done. The ear piercing scream will always live with me. There's not much that makes me cry, but that did.

spicy_n_sweet
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Here are my honest feelings about this subject....................

Every parent should do what they think is best for their child, based on whatever their reasons are.

JustBreath2013
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:19 PM
I watched both my sons because I felt I should monitor... they use the plastic cap method....nothing like that video...
Samantha.Stetka
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I had my son done. Then I watched the video. I felt horrible after!! I think if it came down to it if I ever had another boy, I wouldn't get him done. There really is no extra benifit of doing it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Might as well leave him now. Just keep it clean. I let my husband decide on my sons and I would've been fine not doing it. Seems so inhumane. :( but looks better I guess? :/ just leave him.
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

There are no pro's IMO. Most of the time when you hear of an intact male having an infection, someone has tried to clean under the skin before its fully retractable.

As a baby and even up until puberty, the foreskin is adhered to the shaft of the penis. During circumcision it is forcibly ripped away and then the skin cut.

Many people say it is more hygienic to have it done. While adhered the penis is to be cleaned as you would your finger. Just wipe the outside. The inside is self-cleansing. After it is retractable while your son is in the shower he just pulls the skin back a little bit and rinses it off. I assure you at this age he's going to be playing with it anyway. It'll get clean.

Even if it does get infected, we don't treat infections with chopping off body parts. There is medication for it!

Quoting Anonymous:

What are the pros cons? Especially our two yr old. He did get an infection once but it wasn't bad. My DH really wants to get his done.... I think he is too old. And the baby boy in me.. I just don't think I can now. Dh is and thinks his sons should be too

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

liss.n.chris
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Unless there's a medical issue you're addressing, there's no need to do it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't really have an opinion. My son is circ'd. He is 22 now, healthy as can be. I don't care really about what other women do with their sons' penises.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)