Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What if abortion WAS illegal?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 78 Replies
1 mom liked this
What would happen to all those babies? Lets face it...not everyone would choose adoption that should. We would have unloved, maybe hungry, maybe neglected, or abused kids and babies because abortion wasn't an option anymore. I've always been pro life but this is what opened my eyes is how much worse it could be for all those babies that weren't wanted but forced to be born into the circumstances :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I think lots of poor women would die or be seriously hurt. Middle class and rich women could travel for them but would likely also be hurt sometimes.

It would be a slippery slope where some women were investigated for miscarriages and politicians tried to legislate pregnant women's conduct.

And yes, our system is nowhere near equipped to handle an influx of overwhelmed women and unplanned children. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:36 PM
3 moms liked this

There would be more babies found in toilets and dumpsters.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Exactly. It's what opened my eyes to being pro choice. BUT stipulations need to be in place about WHEN abortions can be done that's still my only problem with it.

Quoting Anonymous:

There would be more babies found in toilets and dumpsters.

Bout-that-life
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

People would still do it.  By revolting people such as Dr. Goshnell.  Pure Sick-o that one. SMH

rphardwick
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Well I'm pro-choice but its not a choice I would ever make personally. Having said that though according to statistics the number of unplanned pregnancies went up DRASTICALLY when abortion became legal. I think its wrong to use abortion as a form of birth control. If it was illegal people might be more careful. Not saying it should or shouldnt be illegal ... just a thought.

TattedReader
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:42 PM
2 moms liked this
I wonder what the world would be like if say women got more responsible and didn't spread their legs constantly producing babies they can't care for. Imagine a world where people actually thought of their actions BEFORE acting. Ya know, got on proper birth control and used it correctly, used condoms properly, etc. Yes there'd still be some that would slip by but not nearly as many.
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Wet would be so fuckin overpopulated that EVERYONE would be hungry. There simply isn't enough resources in this world to sustain that many lives.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Interesting thought. Maybe if more stipulations were in affect where it wasn't so easy but still there it would help. I actually support that the plan b pill is available now hopefully cut down on the numbers of abortions. Plan B is not an abortion pill like people mistakenly believe it is a strong birth control pill to stop ovulation to prevent conception.

Quoting rphardwick:

Well I'm pro-choice but its not a choice I would ever make personally. Having said that though according to statistics the number of unplanned pregnancies went up DRASTICALLY when abortion became legal. I think its wrong to use abortion as a form of birth control. If it was illegal people might be more careful. Not saying it should or shouldnt be illegal ... just a thought.

marinenonstop
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Once upon a time women would go to down low drs..pay in cash and get hacked up. They would sometimes die from complications from the procedure. Women would also throw themselves down stairs or run full force into walls. Some women would try to attempt to do the procedure on themselves at home. There are also a lot of tonics and medications that women can drink that can cause a woman to miscarry. This along with throwing babies in the trash would go on everywhere.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:45 PM
I wish. But that world unfortunately doesn't exist and people will continue to be irresponsible :/

Quoting TattedReader:

I wonder what the world would be like if say women got more responsible and didn't spread their legs constantly producing babies they can't care for. Imagine a world where people actually thought of their actions BEFORE acting. Ya know, got on proper birth control and used it correctly, used condoms properly, etc. Yes there'd still be some that would slip by but not nearly as many.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN