Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lets make healthy food expensive, and crappy food cheap but expect poor people to buy healthy expensive food!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

yeah that sounds like a great idea.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
rphardwick
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Wth! How much is a seedless watermelon there? $8.99 here and its small, like basketball size. And where is "there"? I'm in central Missouri

Quoting LucyMom08:

I paid $4.79 for 2 pounds of red seedless grapes today...

Quoting rphardwick:

I always wondered where people shop that healthy food is cheaper than the junk. I paid $9 for a bag of red seedless grapes today. I could have bought a lot of unhealthy junk snacks for $9.

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:03 PM
What allergies? And what does your typical list look like? Do you shop sales/seasons and bulk at all?

Quoting Anonymous:

Veggies and meat /fish/chicken mostly. and some fruit. seeds and nuts. our grocery bill is 600 a month between my fiance and I and our toddler. we have allergies and cant have pastas or bread or rice or things that usually are cheaper and save money.

Quoting LucyMom08:

What are you buying? Our weekly grocery bill is around $80 a week for a family of 4 and we eat very clean...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Only buy organic apples on sale. I only buy whats cheapest. So whatever is on special that week I buy. I just bought ten lbs of organic pink ladies for $10

Quoting Fjamrkr:

I want to know where all these people live where healthy food is cheap. $2 a pound for apples. You're spending more or less a dollar an apple.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this

What ?,here healthy food is actually quite cheap,I can two bags filled with fresh fruits and veggies for less than twenty dollars...This is what I buy

Apples

Carrots

Oranges

Tomatoes

Cucumbers

Watermelon

Celery

Brocoli

Grapes

Strawberries

ETC ETC you get the point,where we live junk food is actually really expensive and yes I do buy some of it for my Kids lunches,a bag of doritos is close to $5,I don't eat junk food though.

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:04 PM
$4.99 for a personal melon, and like $6 for the big boys...

I'm in SE GA...

Quoting rphardwick:

Wth! How much is a seedless watermelon there? $8.99 here and its small, like basketball size. And where is "there"? I'm in central Missouri

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting rphardwick:

I always wondered where people shop that healthy food is cheaper than the junk. I paid $9 for a bag of red seedless grapes today. I could have bought a lot of unhealthy junk snacks for $9.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Not when first buying things for said recipe. Buying whines, flour, specific spices, etc is expensive as fk
Quoting justinnaimee:

The only way junk is cheaper is with serious couponing. Amy person who is willing to follow a recipe can feed a family healthy food inexpensively
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I paid $3.99 for a seedless watermelon here Today.

Quoting rphardwick:

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting rphardwick:

mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I spent over $200 at the grocery store on Sunday. I bought a *few* processed items for DH as I'm leaving for 2 weeks in a few days. I bought him some canned brunswick stew, some frozen burgers, hot dogs, sausages, buns, and I am making him a double batch of chili so I needed those items- canned tomatoes, ro-tel, black beans, ground chicken...

The remaining items I bought were clean...I spent a total of $40 on junk for him for 2 weeks. I spent $160 on 5 days worth of clean items- produce mainly ( broccoli, carrots, onions, potatoes, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, bananas, 3 bags of salad mix, cucumbers, peppers, mushrooms, and more)...I was going to buy grass fed buffalo steak and it was $16 for 8 oz...$2 per oz...the grass fed beef was not much cheaper...normal ole' beef is $9/lb here, chicken breasts are $6/ lb...eating cleanly kills us monthly, but it is better for us, so we spend it. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

rphardwick
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Well that settles it. Dh has to either give up grapes or move to GA

Quoting LucyMom08:

$4.99 for a personal melon, and like $6 for the big boys...

I'm in SE GA...

Quoting rphardwick:

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting rphardwick:

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM
I buy bags of apples...much cheaper that way...my kids can hoover some fruit, haha...

Quoting Fjamrkr:

I want to know where all these people live where healthy food is cheap. $2 a pound for apples. You're spending more or less a dollar an apple.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured