Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Okay so now I have a decision I need to make asap.......

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:58 PM
  • 53 Replies

So today, as most of you know, I made a list, a "birth plan" of certain things I was hoping would happen with my twins and my dr. shot a lot down. Everything was shot down with the exception of music and lighting.

So... I came home and called a few OBGYN's and a birthing center with a midwife. The midwife sounded awesome. So I told her I would go with her. One OBGYN's office manager asked me to email her what I wanted. Well after I said yes, the OBGYN called me back.

He said YES to EVERYTHING except I had to give birth in an OR. But my sister can be in OR room! Okay well this OBGYN went through my entire list 1 at a time, and said, this is fine, that is fine, etc, as long as there are no sudden emergencies. I looked him up online and he is actually considered the best OBGYN in my entire STATE! And he is willing to take me on, is willing to allow my sister into the OR room, AND is willing to comply with everything I want except for the OR room.

The midwife is also willing to comply with everything in my birth plan, she sounded very sweet, etc...

What do you all think is better?

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NNB
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:00 PM

OBGYN

ceckyl
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Midwife.
ceckyl
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this
The ob wants you in the or because he does not trust the birthing process, and will most likely last minute try and convince you to change your plans.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Midwife. I would never trust an OBGYN again. 

RobinChristine
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Personally if I were having twins and the risk of something going wrong is higher I would want a  MD. Not only can they immediately respond,it saves time from transporting you from birth center to medical center. Also if something  happens to babies help is right there. No waiting. Make the decision YOU and DH feel comfortable with.Maybe fold a paper into 4ths, column 1 is hospital pro/con,column 2 is birth center  pro/con. I personally think it is awesome you found a doc willing to work with you,I did read your birth plan

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:05 PM
2 moms liked this
With twins, I would go with the obgyn, simply because more can go wrong.
Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM

I will say midwfie because she is less intervention minded (hopefully) and you can labor in the comfort and safety of your own home.

You do whatever you feel is best, but me personally... I want them on MY turf, lol. 

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:07 PM
After seeing your list of demands you consider a birth plan, I'm sure there will be no hard feelings from your OB upon your departure.

Go with the OB/GYN.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:07 PM

this may sound dumb but the OR room? do you already know you are having a c-section? if i was haing a c-section there is no way in hell i would do that outside of a hospital.

mattiehatter
by Mary on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Have you seen the video on YouTube with the mom who have birth to her twins (100 percent natural) with her doctor? It was an awesome thing to watch. I think in your case I would consider the doctor after many discussions.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)