Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For all you clean healty eating people

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
You say eating clean and healthy is less expensive the junk if that's true give us others your meal plan for a week and how much it costs :)
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Eggs and fruit or veggies or yogurt with granola with fruit for breakfast.

Salads with protein for lunch. Kids eat sandwiches with fruit or veggies.

Protein and veggies for me and added starch like potatoes, rice, pasta for ex for dh and the kids for dinner.

I get variety based on what is on sale that week.
emmypaige
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Not less expensive here.
.strawberry.
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Go to www.100daysofrealfood.com for free meal plans. They are based on what they average family receives on food stamps.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Are their any meats you avoid

Quoting Anonymous:

Protein and veggies for me and added starch like potatoes, rice, pasta for ex for dh and the kids for dinner.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Really thank you I will check that out

Quoting .strawberry.:

Go to www.100daysofrealfood.com for free meal plans. They are based on what they average family receives on food stamps.

paganmommy4
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:16 PM

tonight: fettuccini alfredo

tomorrow: spaghetti with garlic bread

rest of the week, i just make what i feel like cooking

and I lose weight eating pasta.. so yeah

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Nothing really. I eat all proteins I just limit stuff with high fat content like bacon and hot dogs.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:24 PM
2 moms liked this
Well, it is a bit more expensive for us because I also only buy humanely raised, so it's about $150 a week for my family of three, but it could be much less if I didn't. This weeks dinner plan: Monday: Grilled chicken with mushroom sauce and asparagus, Tuesday: Trout with mushroom, pine nut, and barley on the side Wednesday: Beef and snow pea stirfry Thursday: Adzuki bean salad with strips of venison Friday: Chicken Cesaer Salad Saturday: Orange Sesame Noodles with grilled shrimp. For lunch we either ate left overs or I bought a full chicken, baked it, and sliced it up to be used as lunch meat, so we make sandwiches out of the chicken, kale, and a tiny bit of mayonnaise on whole wheat bread. We sometimes will also make healthy soups for lunch for the week. For breakfast we either have oatmeal (real oatmeal, not the instant package flavored junk) with a tiny bit of brown sugar or honey, or cereal, like cherrios, corn flakes, kashi, etc. We cut out a big portion of our bill by not buying drinks. We buy the occasional juice that will last a few weeks, ingredients to make soy chai tea, and milk for cereal. We mainly drink water, once a day we'll have some kind of decaf tea, but besides that, we don't buy soda, large amounts of juice, large amounts of milk, gatorades, etc. We also don't buy packaged snacks like cookies or chips, we either make the snacks ourselves from scratch or we have vegetables.
.strawberry.
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:26 PM
You weren't asking me but I'll chime in. :). Avoid processed lunch meats and hot dogs. They are loaded with chemicals and it's cheaper to slice the meat yourself (some delis will slice meat from the meat dept for you). Most sausage has MSG and tons of chemicals. I don't buy things like chicken nuggets, fish sticks, etc.. I just buy from the meat dept and do it myself. I eat lean meats, mostly organic chicken breast (because lets face it, only Oprah can afford organic beef haha!).

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

URHonor
by Rotten.Girl on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:29 PM

I'm a GF Vegetarian. I spend whatever. I don't care. It's a matter of taste and convenience. I eat a lot of soy, tofu, rice pasta, Naked (drinks) fruit, veggies, Hummus, Salads, beans, soups and GF snacks. Glutino makes good ones:) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured