Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No shirt, no shoes, no service...PERIOD!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies

I'm trying to figure out why the hell, people seem to think that this rule suddenly goes out the window when summer roles around. While shopping at Wal-Mart today 3 teenage girls walked in, wearing nothing but two piece bathing suits and flip flops. I was walking out as they were walking in, and the girl that was running the door didn't say ANYTHING to them except for "Hello. Welcome to Walmart!" Seriously? No..."Hey, I know it's a swimsuit ladies, but you're basically in underwear. Please put something else on before coming in." Are you kidding me? I see it every year this time of year. The general rule of "No shoes, no shirt, no service" seems to go out the window. If I wanted to see half naked girls, I would go to the beach or the pool.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spicy_n_sweet
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:08 PM

I've never been to a Walmart. Do they generally have a notice posted stating "no shoes, no shirt, no service"?

armandswife
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Never says you need pants ; )
Fatal_Frost
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I work in a campground, I sortof come to expect the no shirt/shoes thing...  Its not a big deal here...

Chloesmom1126
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:09 PM
It's a swimsuit. Not lingerie.
nelliesmommy
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:10 PM
I don't care.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I don't know if it's posted or not, but I've seen them turn people around at the door before for  not wearing shirts.

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

I've never been to a Walmart. Do they generally have a notice posted stating "no shoes, no shirt, no service"?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Campground would be one thing. Actually, I'd prepare myself to see naked people at a campground lol.

Quoting Fatal_Frost:

I work in a campground, I sortof come to expect the no shirt/shoes thing...  Its not a big deal here...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:14 PM

We live in a lake town. Every summer it's bathing suits everywhere.

Hell my kids went into the store with their bathing suits on without coverups. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:14 PM

One of the girls was wearing what could have passed for a thong. It may not be lingerie, but it was still disgusting. And if you're going to turn men around at the door during the fall and winter months for not wearing a shirt, why not turn girls around that are wearing nothing but basically a bra and a pair of panties.

Quoting Chloesmom1126:

It's a swimsuit. Not lingerie.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm just irritated that during the fall and winter months, men are turned around at the door (I've seen it before) for not wearing just a shirt, but it's not even fully summer yet, and girls are allowed to walk in with basically nothing but a pair of panties and a bra.

Quoting Anonymous:

We live in a lake town. Every summer it's bathing suits everywhere.

Hell my kids went into the store with their bathing suits on without coverups. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN