Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your parents (person who raised you) said WHAT???

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:24 PM
  • 3 Replies

I grew up in the 80's and another post got me thinking about some of the crazy stuff my mom would tell my sisters and I. Feel free to add your own. Here's my list:

* Don't close the door all the way when your in the tub-you'll slip, fall, hit your head and drown!

*Never close the bedroom door all the way at night because you won't hear the smoke detectors in case there's a fire!

*Don't run, you'll fall!

*Stay away from Blue Jays. They are dangerous birds. If they land on your head, they will peck your brains out!

*Take the lollipop out of your mouth if you're walking, if you fall, you'll choke. 

*Move away from the TV, you'll go blind.

"We read to know that we are not alone"-William Nicholson

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
quinnsmom715
by Donna on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

i was born in the 70s was a teen in the 80s and my mom never said any of that stuff.the most i got was dont run with scissors..

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:27 PM
2 moms liked this
My dad is a comedian.

He told me I was born a boy but one night they left me out in the cold and my Peter froze and fell off.

Among other things I was told.

Oh the sanctimommies could have a field day. The anti circ zealots might have a collective aneurysm.
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Never talk on the telephone/take a shower during a lightening storm or you will get electrocuted.

Always lock your car doors when driving through town or someone could try to get I'm at a stop light.

Never go swimming right after eating. Wait 30 minutes.

Don't make a face at me or it will freeze and you will be stuck that way. (Like that would stop me LOL)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)