Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HELP. . ANYONE. . eta

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:39 AM
  • 16 Replies
DS took a nap like normal, but woke up scratching. . Eventually his entire back and chest broke out in what looked like welts. I put warm towels on him then gave him a milk and honey bath. It seemed to have taken care of the problem but now he is back at it. . He says it hurts and he is even scratching all over his head.

Anyone have this happen? Have any home remedies to stop the itching?

Eta: DS is 2yo. Nothing in his diet has changed, no new soaps have been used either. It is wierd because like I said he just woke up from his nap and started scratching like crazy. Can't post a pic, currently mobile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EyansMom143
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:40 AM
Oatmeal bath

Cortisone cream or eczema lotion.

Benadryl
MommyToBe0001
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:40 AM
pictures ? and how old is he
cjsix
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:42 AM

Hives look like welts  and are an allergic response to something. Any new laundry soap,bath soap,lotions etc...? Air freshener,carpet cleaner...perfume you are wearing or cologne on hubby?

cjsix
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:44 AM

Plants...flowers,tree etc...are polenating right now(some of them) and people are having lawn care companies do their yards including sometimes spraying chemicals on them...these could also cause an allergic reaction.

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:45 AM

Benadryl. Its an allergic reaction, probably hives. If he has any problems breathing or swelling of the neck, face, tongue or throat call 911.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:46 AM

Hives? Poison ivy? Has he been outside or exposed to something that he could possibly be allergic too? Put cortizone on it or give him benadryl to see if it helps.

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:48 AM

Give him claritin or benadryl for the allergic reaction. Tylenol or motrin for the pain.  Welts are hives.  I've only had one case of hives and they were all over my body, even on the bottom of my feet.  I went to the emergency room for it and was given a shot of cortisone and an rx for prednisone.  The welts hurt and itched. The doctor told me I could take up to 75mg of benadryl at a time (this was before claritin came out).  I believe that I got the hives from eating a hostess cupcake with pudding filling since I started itching about 30 minutes to an hour after eating. The hives started on my back and moved to my chest and eventually the rest of my body. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Take your little man to the ER sweetie. We are not doctors on here and you want to be safe, not sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:53 AM
Scabies?
I'd tale him to urgent care. Get him to see a doctor asap.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)