Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dh is at the er with his mom UPDATE*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Dh stopped by his moms after getting off work late to pick something up. He saw his mom crying. It took him a while to get her to talk but she said she was depressed and hurt herself by burning her arm about 9 times. He helped her up and got her in the car and took her to the nearby hospital... I heard her in the background on the phone and she sounded drunk or something.. She herself said she felt high but hadn't had any medicine or drank anything. Dh said she kept drifting in and out, like spacing out, and sure would forget why she was at the hospital (in case anyone ask she's in her late 40s)

I'm at home while ds(1yr) if asleep.. I feel so helpless. I want to be there for both of them..

Update
I was able to have someone watch ds so I could get to the hospital. MIL was crying and hugging me.. She had her head buried in my chest crying and squeezing my hand.. It was so sad. I've give through depression and therapy so she was happy that someone was there to understand her. When she would cry and hug me I would look across the room and dh would be teary eyed.. It was heart breaking.. Dh said she would randomly start crying and screaming that she wanted to die. She didn't call us cuz she has called her xmil in hopes she'd understand. Well her xmil told her not to burden us with her suicidal thoughts, that dh would probably disown her for hurting herself... Dh told his mom that she's crazy, that'll he will always be there and that his grandma is older and grew up believing you deserved to be disowned for negative thoughts like that. the hospital called some people who are suppose to come and evaluate her but the blood work showed her alcohol level was too high. We also found out that since monday, every time she'd have an anxiety attack she'd take an ativan but we think she wouldn't wait til it was time for the next dose and took a.couple too many. When she realized she was going to have to stay and we would have to go home she cried... begging for us to take her home :( I said bye and hugged her tight.. I left the room so dh could say bye alone.. I could hear her crying.. Took her about 15 mins to be able to let dh go.. We can't visit her till after she's evaluated (they said her blood alcohol levels won't be low enough till 1pm). Afterward we find out if she's okay to go home or if they want her going to a behavioral hospital. She told us about 20 times to make sure we call her work, she'd scared to get fired but we assured her she'd be okay. Dh is in the kitchen eating and I'm putting ds back to sleep. I know he's sitting there heart broken.. worrying about his mom.. In the car he said he couldn't get the image of her crying out off his mind...
Night everyone, will update later.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:45 AM

Is she diabetic?  That, "drunk", behavior with no meds or alcohol sounds like a sugar issue.  Prayers for her and your family!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:48 AM
No she's not diabetic :/

Her bf was there. Dh said he was crying that her tried getting her to go to the hospital and that he's sorry he didn't call someone or dh. He cried for dh not to hate him

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Is she diabetic?  That, "drunk", behavior with no meds or alcohol sounds like a sugar issue.  Prayers for her and your family!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:49 AM

sorry. hope all is okay

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:49 AM

What a sad situation, I hope it turns out okay!

Quoting Anonymous:

Her bf was there. Dh said he was crying that her tried getting her to go to the hospital and that he's sorry he didn't call someone or dh. He cried for dh not to hate him

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:52 AM
Thank you mama

Quoting Anonymous:

sorry. hope all is okay

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:53 AM
Me too, thank you :(

Quoting Dzyre1115:

What a sad situation, I hope it turns out okay!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:57 AM
Sending good thoughts your way, mama. I hope everything work out okay.
ATG499
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:58 AM
Wow, that is very sad. I hope she gets some help so she doesn't have that feeling again!

:/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gigis1
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:02 AM
Oh my goodness. I hope she gets better. Hopefully everything gets resolved amd she feels better soon
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:04 AM
I'm so sorry..mental issues are so sad. I hope she gets the help she needs. in most states a persons cam be hospitalized with two family members signatures. Look into that if they do not do a 48 hr hold in her :(

I wish the best for her
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN