Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

41 years old and...

Posted by   + Show Post
I have pink eye! For the first time ever.

It is awful! I just woke up and my eye is totally stuck together.

Any advice? I am using antibiotic eye drops. Can I clean it out with a wet washcloth?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:13 AM
Replies (11-20):
horseap
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:31 AM

Breast milk!  LOL IDK if it really works but when I had it I tried ANYTHING to make it go away! And yes I am admitting I shot myself in the face I was pathetic and desperate!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
JulietAngel89
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:41 AM

i suppose wash your hands really well and gently pick it off. I am kinda disgusting and love doing horrible stuff like that lol

Quoting rgba:

Yep, it's awful. The goopy stuff is drying out, and forming a horrid crust.

Quoting JulietAngel89:

wow its stuck together that bad?? mine got gunky but never actually stuck.. go to the doctors!

Quoting rgba:

How do I get it unstuck?? I won't even be able to get drops in :(

Quoting JulietAngel89:

me last week. I am trying to shake it!! do not clean your eye out with a wet washcloth. You do not want more bacteria in there!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:43 AM
dude, I had double pink eye the day of my basic/ait graduation. it sucked. I used a warm compress to get my lids apart.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:44 AM

Eh I work in the hospital and we always joke the pink eye is the best way o get out of work, cause you're not sick, but no way in hell do they want you there.

go ahead and wash with a cold wash cloth. Go get antibiotics, 24 hors after you start you are no longer contagious,

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:01 AM
Warm washcloth, hop in the shower and let the water run over your face. My eyes get crusted shut a couple times a week from allergies. It's gross and awful. Wash your hands a lot!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:02 AM
I've always been told a clean warm washcloth. Let it set on there then wipe away gunk. Apply the drops.

Although for my kids I squirt them with breast milk at the first sign of anything. My ds seemed to get it a lot. He rubs his eyes a lot though.
cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:04 AM
I do that with my kids and even dh once. At the very first sign of an infection people start getting squirted in the eye. It clears up fast. It never gets too bad. And we don't have to go to the doctor. Lol. I guess when I quit breast feeding if anybody gets pink eye we'll have to do it the normal way.

Quoting horseap:

Breast milk!  LOL IDK if it really works but when I had it I tried ANYTHING to make it go away! And yes I am admitting I shot myself in the face I was pathetic and desperate!

dtm1491
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:05 AM

You can wash it with a warm washcloth but do not use it again.

TrouserMouse
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:08 AM
That isn't necessarily pink eye. It could be an allergic reaction to something as well. That is one of my symptoms when cats are around.

Lay a warm washcloth on your eye, as warm as you can stand it. It will soften up the goo to where you can begin to wipe it away.
ZennMomma
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:10 AM

I believe you need to see a doc for drops. It is VERY contagious!

im sorry :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN