Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She stalked my dog and attempted to steal him

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
1 mom liked this

DH has had a stalker before...and I was able to see the humor in it because she was 15 and her attempts at stealing him were hilarious...but now my other boy has a stalker...My 2 year old english bull dog, Dude. 

Dude came from a shelter. A byb had been closed down and forced to give up all there dogs. They got 15 purebred english bull dogs in. He was 8 weeks when we adopted him. Love this dog ♥  They have a big problem with dog theft due to a dog fighting ring in the area. I keep a very close watch on Dude and hes only outside long enough to do his business and come back. Hes also in a 5 foot fence that is locked with a padlock. This afternoon Dude was outside and my sister brought over her dog and they were outside playing in the fence. Not longer then 20 minutes...And they started going crazy barking at something. Let them in and then a few hours later i got a knock at the door with a woman and her child. Her son was probably 4 or 5. He was crying and asked if I had saw his dog. She explained that she had bought him this puppy the day his dad died fighting in Iraq and it means the world to him. I felt sorry for him, he was clearly upset. She handed me a flyer and it was MY dog. A photo taken in MY backyard. Claiming that it was her dog and she was willing to pay a $50 reward on any information about the dog being stolen...

What the FUCK? And then to get kid involved in it? and lie about his dead being killed in the military? There is NO chance that the dog isn't my dog. First of all, in the photo you can see a corner of my house. Theres a crack in the vinyl and some very ugly plants below it. Same color, same ugly plants...Dude is holding his baby sock monkey in his mouth...MY dog. 

Dude came running up to the door (hes a late guard dog. Its more like you go check, make sure its safe and then i will come rescue you afterwards) and the moms all "Oh baby! Mommy missed you! Come to mommy JoJo!"  The flyer says his name is Doug. I think she was trying to read his ID tag and misread Dude as Doug. Where the hell did JoJo come from? I told her that was MY dog and that was MY dog in the photo and I don't know what kind of scam she is trying to pull but shes not getting my dog. She continued to argue with me so I closed the door in her face and called the police. They came out and looked at the pics and looked at the dog and asked if I had any photo verification that Dude was my dog...How about the fact that hes in MY yard...with a collar that has my information on it...and the photo was taken in MY backyard? 

Luckily for me, I have a photo obsession and Dude has about as many photos as my kids do. So i brought out my sons portrait book and showed them pics of Dude with my son from the time we adopted him (even pics of him at the shelter) to pics of him at the fair a few days ago. 

The cops couldn't do anything but tell her to leave and stay away from my house...but they did say to watch out incase she tries to steal Dude. 

Who does that kind of shit? I can see if she questioned it if she had an english bull dog that was missing because, well most of them look pretty similar anyways...but don't take a photo of my dog and try to say its yours. 

Creep. Dude didn't even like her. Hes usually overly friendly and he was not digging this chick at all. 

Oh and Dude was named by my 4 year old. We have Dude, Cat and mimi (technically, he named MiMi "Me, Jr" but that didn't work out well)

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
macysmom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Wowza. This is crazy!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CatFishMom
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Wow, what a lunatic. I'd be VERY careful.

cunning.stunt
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Holy shit that woman is crazy and I would hope the cops scared her away for good because she would make me feel unsafe living in my neighborhood.
Mommy2b2many
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:46 PM
You're kidding right?? What a wackjob!! I had someone try to tell me that I had stolen my dog; The one I watched being born and took home at 6 weeks lol. Some people are crazy! I wonder if the story was true at all? Or if she just tried to use he kid like a pawn.
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Wtf??? Friends of mine growing up actually had their dog stolen by someone. The stupid lady's son was also friends with friends of her son. They saw jazz and he came right up to him. They ended up gettin the police to get jazz back. She looks like my moms gf and drove the same van.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Wow what an insane story I hope you will have the adoption documents from the shelter.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:58 PM

That is scary. 

Pics of "Dude"? Sorry. I love Bulldogs. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

restrain order.

NorseGodessMom
by ChaosLover on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:08 AM

freak! can we get a pic?

CarolinaGirl88
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Wow, what a creep! I'd be keeping an extra close eye on him after that! And who the heck brings a kid into trying to steal someone's pet?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured